CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT

The next morning, the four liars were standing out in the courtyard when they received a text from A

𝗗𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗺 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗱𝗮𝗱 𝗸𝗻𝗼𝘄 𝘆𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗺𝘂𝗿𝗱𝗲𝗿 𝗺𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘀?
𝗕𝗲𝘁 𝗶𝘁 𝘄𝗼𝘂𝗹𝗱 𝗸𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗺 𝘁𝗼 𝗳𝗶𝗻𝗱 𝗼𝘂𝘁. — 𝗔

Caitlin leans against the pillar with crossed arms an annoyed look on her face as Aria spoke up, "is A talking about the N.A.T. videos?"

"Of course," Hanna nods her head, "A knows we have their cell phone."

"You guys get that text from A?" Emily walks up to the group, her bag slung on her shoulder.

"Yes, and now Melissa's threatening to kill our parents," Hanna gives her a sarcastic smile.

"I already told you," Spencer glares at Hanna, "Melissa can't be A."

"Alison was getting texts from the law firm your sister interned at," Hanna crosses her arms trying to get through to her friend.

"Yes, but she explained that," Spencer defends her sister, "Melissa just wanted Ali to leave Ian alone."

"So what?" Aria raises an eyebrow, "Caity and I got chased by a hobo for nothing?"

Spencer glances over at Caitlin who was leaning against the brick pillar beside Spencer shrugging, "long story."

"That still doesn't explain why Melissa got into Garrett's car," Emily brought Spencer's attention back to the situation at hand.

"Do you think that Garrett told her about the video?" Aria questions stressfully, "'cause if she knows that she's on it and if she's A—"

"Guys, let's just take a minute," Caitlin pushes herself off the brick pillar coming to Spencer's defence, "there is no way Melissa could be A. We all saw the way she broke down when we found Ian's body. She wouldn't pull an act like that."

Spencer glances at Caitlin gratefully, "exactly. She wouldn't just text herself from her dead husband's phone and lose it like that."

"We have a video of four people who could've killed Alison," Hanna snaps, "okay? They were in her bedroom the night she died. Can't we get in trouble for withdrawing evidence?" Hanna questions causing Caitlin to give her an amused smile.

"It's withholding evidence," Caitlin corrects the blonde who shrugs her shoulder defensively.

"Whatever!"

"Look, Spencer's right," Aria brings Caitlin and Hanna's attention back to the topic at hand, "we've jumped the gun before. We've gone to the cops."

"And we ended up looking guilty," Emily crosses her arms sighing.