CHAPTER ONE

The five liars stand in the middle of the road, still surrounded by the crowd around them that continued to whisper about the five teenage girls who were too busy thinking about the A message they just received to care about the crowd's opinions o...

The five liars stand in the middle of the road, still surrounded by the crowd around them that continued to whisper about the five teenage girls who were too busy thinking about the A message they just received to care about the crowd's opinions of them.

Caitlin holds her arm close to her chest, the adrenaline still running through her veins, numbing the pain she felt but she knew wasn't going to last for long. She was supposed to be heading to the hospital soon but the police needed to escort her before they could all head down to the precinct.

"He wasn't moving, okay, and he was not breathing," Aria shakes her head glancing at the rest of the girls in disbelief.

"Because he was dead," Emily shoves her hands into her jacket to try and warm them up.

"Is dead," Spencer and Caitlin correct in unison, both sharing a panicked look.

"Not was, is," Spencer emphasises on the 'is'.

"And dead people don't just disappear," Caitlin shivers from the cold air that was nipping her skin. She pulls her jacket closer together to try and warm herself up, still being careful not to move her arm too much.

"So unless we're saying Ian's a zombie, someone probably moved the body," Emily glances at the rest of the girls nervously.

"It was probably stuffed in the trunk of A's car," Hanna scoffs, crossing her arms.

"And probably on its way to a meat grinder," Emily mumbles.

A grimace takes over Aria's features, "oh, Em, come on, you gotta quit watching those horror films with Caity."

"You guys, A is probably watching us right now," Spencer glances around the crowd.

"Any one of these people could be A," Emily's eyes dart around the crowd that was murmuring amongst themselves.

"Half the town is here," Hanna whispers to the group once she noticed Garrett walking towards them.

"They want to see you girls down at the station," Garrett stands in front of them, stoic faced.

"Caity needs to go to the hospital," Hanna speaks up gesturing to the brunette who was holding her arm to her chest.

"I'm going to drive you guys there and then we're heading straight for the precinct," Garrett explains.

"Uh, well, I saw my parents earlier," Aria gestures to the crowd, "they're going to want to know where we're going."

"They'll meet us there," Garrett assures the girls motioning over to the cop car, "come on. Let's go."

Caitlin doesn't follow after him, watching Garrett walk away. He seemed so different compared to the Garrett she once knew, or at least the Garrett she thought she knew. Hanna notices her frozen stance and gently tugs on her uninjured arm, "Caity, come on."