CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

Caitlin rushes towards the lounge late for rehearsal since she overslept because of the late night phone call with her brother

Caitlin rushes towards the lounge late for rehearsal since she overslept because of the late night phone call with her brother. Brandon couldn't sleep and Jason had work the next day so he couldn't stay up to entertain his best friend, Harper was studying for her upcoming exam which left Caitlin. She walks up just in time to see everyone leaving the room. Caitlin rushes up to Hanna, Emily and Spencer, "did I miss it?"

"No, you just missed the fight between Mona and Aria," Spencer explains glancing back at the lounge doors, "and the brewing fight between Aria and Mr Fitz hence the reason we were kicked out of the room. Where were you anyway?"

"I overslept," Caitlin runs a hand through her messy hair which she didn't have time to style, "I was up all night talking to Brandon who couldn't sleep."

Hanna turns to face Caitlin, "how is he doing after...you know?"

"Uh, he's better, I guess. He's just confused and annoyed more than anything," Caitlin explains, "he's staying with Jason in his apartment. School starts for him back on Monday."

"Lucky he didn't have classes for the last couple of days," Emily comments.

"Well, he did yesterday morning because he slept through it," Caitlin rolls her eyes making the girls chuckle, "anyway, shouldn't you guys be running over your lines?"

"Yeah, I still don't get my second scene," Hanna nods holding the binder close to her chest.

"Your character is suspicious," Spencer explains closing her binder.

"It doesn't say that in the script," Hanna shakes her head.

"That's because it's underneath the words. That's the reason why she's drinking," Spencer clarifies.

"No, she's drinking because her kid drowned," Hanna corrects shaking her head in disagreement.

"Hanna, at this point even the little girl's mother thinks that she's a murderer," Spencer argues, "it's the drowning, the old lady who fell down the stairs, the janitor who was set on fire—"

"I was just talking about this scene," Hanna interjects, "she could think it was an accident."

"Maybe there are no accidents," Emily mutters staring off in the distance making Caitlin follow her gaze noticing it was Ian standing down the hall talking with some students.

"What do you mean?" Caitlin asks confused.

"We never questioned what happened at that party."

FLASHBACK

Caitlin smiled looking into his sparkling green eyes as she wraps her arms around his neck, shuffling closer to him. The couple quickly made their way to each other after Alison left. They were currently in a secluded hallway that was littered with drunk college students, so they weren't that worried about getting caught. Jason leaned his forehead against her as he caged her into the wall with a grin covering his features. She bit her lip staring up at him, a blush falling over her cheeks at the stare he was giving her, "what?"