CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

The liars crowd around the Scott's living room staring at the red coat that lay on the couch

The liars crowd around the Scott's living room staring at the red coat that lay on the couch. They were short one liar as Hanna was at the principles office discussing her situation with Kate.

"That's what you got from Ali's claim ticket?" Emily questions crossing her arms staring down at the red coat.

"That's what they gave us," Caitlin shrugs her shoulders.

"So, basically, you picked up her dry cleaning," Emily deadpans earning a glare from Caitlin which she ignored.

"I just can't ever picture Alison wearing this," Aria shakes her head staring down at the coat.

"Well, picture Vivian Darkbloom," Spencer states letting out a sigh.

"So now we're saying this Vivian dark person had her own wardrobe too?" Emily questions looking at Spencer and Caitlin but Spencer just gestures to the coat instead of responding.

"That's kind of what happens when you create an alter ego," Caitlin points out.

"This is so weird," Aria shudders going to touch it but stops glancing behind her to look at Spencer and Caitlin hesitantly, "can I touch it?"

Caitlin chuckles amusedly, "it's a raincoat not a bomb, Aria."

Aria just rolls her eyes in response picking up the coat as Spencer takes a seat on one of the couches, "where's Hanna?"

"She and her mum had to meet with Tamborelli before school," Caitlin explains taking a seat beside Spencer.

"Yeah, Kate's mum printed out that naked picture and she's threatening to sue," Aria fiddles around with the pockets of the raincoat, "she wants blood."

"Hanna's," Emily mutters, glancing away from the group.

"Yeah, probably mine too," Spencer sighs earning a confused look from Emily, "I'm the one who told her that Kate used to be called boil n' baggies."

"Who told A?" Emily questions.

Caitlin scoffs looking up at Emily, "who tells A anything?"

"Yeah," Spencer nods in agreement, "that plan was probably in motion the moment Kate walked into school."

"Guys," Aria grabs their attention when she pulls out a piece of paper from the pocket of the coat, "check it out."

Caitlin and Spencer stand up as Aria walk over with the piece of paper in her hand, "what is that?"

"It's a phone number," Aria reveals staring down at the piece of paper.

"Whose?" Caitlin asks crossing her arms.

"Uh... there's no name," Aria shakes her head looking at the back of the piece of paper but found nothing.

"Let's call it," Spencer suggests, making Caitlin nod about to grab her phone that was on the coffee table but Emily stops her.

"Okay, stop," Emily shakes her head, "now I feel like we're in a bad place."