CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

Hurt is one of the most powerful feelings

Hurt is one of the most powerful feelings. It sits with you eventually becoming a part of you. The act of betrayal replays in your mind on a constant loop, trying to fully accept what happened. It can be dangerous sitting with that feeling because rage begins to take its place once the hurt dies down. It starts at the bottom of your stomach working its way up to your lips spitting out weaponised words of fire.

It hurt getting lied to by your friends and boyfriend, but what hurts the most is that Caitlin confided in Jason about it and he lied straight to her face like it was nothing. It reminded her of the times when Jason lied to her about CeCe and she couldn't help by wonder what else he has lied to her about. She quickly shakes her head before those thoughts could consume her mind.

After rushing out of Spencer's house she walked straight over to the DiLaurentis residence, walking up the porch steps, slamming her hand against the wooden door. Her combat boot covered foot taps against the wooden flooring, waiting impatiently for her boyfriend to open the door. A couple of seconds later the door opened revealing Jason in a grey t-shirt and black sweatpants, his hair tousled sitting messily on top of his head, and under different circumstances, Caitlin would have melted.

Jason's face brightens at the sight of her, "hey, I didn't know you were—" Caitlin shoves past Jason walking into the house making him look after her confused. Caitlin walks through the foyer into the living room that was completely redone, trying to ignore the fact that this was the first time she has stepped foot into the house since Alison was declared missing. She was too angry to even let that sink in.

Caitlin turns around with a glare on her face as Jason walks up to her cautiously noticing her mood, "what the hell is the matter with you?!"

"What are—"

"You lied to me! You lied straight to my face like it was nothing!" Caitlin exclaims turning around to face him, "I can't believe you! I thought that it was going to be different this time, but I was clearly wrong."

Jason shakes his head confused, "Caitlin, what are you talking about?"

"You worked on the videos after I specifically told you to stay out of it!" Caitlin crosses her arm as Jason's face falls in realisation.

"Caitlin, I'm sorry," Jason apologises taking a cautious step forward.

"Well, sorry isn't going to fix this Jason," Caitlin exclaims throwing her hands up in frustration, "you went behind my back...why did you do it?"

"It's my sister, Caitlin," Jason snaps causing Caitlin to glance up meeting her gaze, "I deserve to know what happened to her. I deserve to know if those stupid videos are the reason she's dead! I deserve to know the truth."

Caitlin sighs, closing her eyes. She knew he had a right to know what happened to Alison, but now that A knows he's involved, she was terrified of what they could do to him, "you had an out Jason," Jason furrows his eyebrows together in confusion, "you had a freakin' out and you didn't keep it! You have no idea what you just stepped into."