CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

Caitlin groaned as Aria dragged her down the stairs of the Scott household after joining the girls for the sleepover later that night

Caitlin groaned as Aria dragged her down the stairs of the Scott household after joining the girls for the sleepover later that night. Emily yawned following after the short brunette, "I didn't realise life existed at this hour."

"Tell me about it," Caitlin rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Come on guys, just walk, you need to see this," Aria called out heading towards the Scott kitchen counter where Spencer's laptop was open, the picture from last night still open.

"You know, I hoped my first sunrise would have tequila in it," Hanna complained taking a seat at the counter top.

"I'll make coffee," Caitlin pushed her hair away from her face walking over to the coffee machine.

"Well, when it's ready just pour it down my throat," Caitlin rolled her eyes in response as she took the mugs out from the cupboard.

Aria turned the laptop to face the rest of the girls. Spencer sighed glancing at Aria, "I thought we were done looking at this? I mean, we know the shadow is lan, right?" Aria ignored her, printing out the picture.

"You woke us up for this?" Emily frowned, annoyed that she was awake at this ungodly hour because of the picture they had already seen.

"It's important," Aria stood up walking over to grab the paper from the printer in the other room calling out so they could hear her, "I couldn't let it go."

"Have you been up all night?" Hanna asked once she returned, the printed picture now in her hand.

"Maybe," Aria avoided the blonde's gaze.

"Yeah, you have," Caitlin walked over to the counter leaning her hands on it as the coffee brewed, "one eye is bigger than the other."

"You look like a strung-out Powerpuff Girl," Hanna commented staring at Aria.

"Stop looking at the eye," Aria rolled her eyes gesturing to the picture on the counter, "just look at the picture."

"I mean, there's only one place where this picture could have been taken from," Aria determined picking the picture up.

"Who wants coffee?" Caitlin asked looking between the girls. Spencer was the only one raising her hand since the rest of them ignored her.

"Where?" Hanna questioned as Caitlin poured coffee for herself and Spencer.

"Alison's bedroom," Aria answered as Caitlin handed the mug over to Spencer who muttered a small thank you.

"No, Alison is in the picture," Hanna shook her head, "she clearly didn't take that."

"Okay, but somebody in her house did," Aria continued.

"Like who, her parents?" Emily raised an eyebrow in disbelief.

"No, her brother," Caitlin almost choked on her coffee.

"Jason," Spencer muttered.

"Hang on, I thought he left town," Emily tilted her head causing the rest of the girls to glance at Caitlin.