CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

It has been exactly a month since A set up the liars

Caitlin still had no idea why she was let off the hook but she thought it was best if she didn't question A's intentions with her, that would only lead to more anxiety.

She was on her way over to pick Hanna up from community service and she pulled up just in time to see Emily and Spencer brawling with each other on the floor, security running up to separate them. Caitlin quickly got out of the car rushing up to Hanna and Aria who were watching the scene with wide eyes.

"What the hell happened?" Caitlin looks over to the girls who shrug in response.

"Emily made a dig at Spencer, Spencer retaliated which ended up in this current situation," Hanna explains crossing her arms, "you know, the usual."

Spencer breaks free from the cop rushing over to try and attack Emily again but Caitlin quickly steps in front of her holding her back by the shoulder, "Spence, knock it off!"

"Let go of me," Spencer glares at Caitlin pulling away from her completely.

Caitlin glances over when she feels someone watching her. She notices Garrett sitting in his chair, watching the scene with amusement, a smirk tugging his lips making her scowl. She glances back at Spencer who was giving her the stink eye, "come on, Han lets go."

"Yeah, walk away Caitlin!" Spencer calls out tauntingly, "it's what you do best."

Caitlin freezes turning around with a glare. She was about to walk up to her but Hanna quickly grabs her arm, "don't. It's not worth it."

Caitlin scoffs slipping her arm out of Hanna's grip getting into the car with Hanna before driving off. She lets out a breath glancing at the blonde who was frowning, "how was it?"

"I hate it, I'm just glad it's over," Hanna leans her head against the window, "if I had to wear this disgusting orange jumpsuit any longer I was going to stab myself with that stick."

Caitlin lets out a chuckle leaning her arm on the window as she keeps her other hand on the wheel driving down the road to their house so Hanna could shower and get changed before school.

"So, a little birdy told me that a tall mysterious dirty blonde returns to Rosewood tomorrow," Hanna smirks looking over at Caitlin who blushes slightly.

"That little birdy may be right," Caitlin grins happily making Hanna laugh.

"I have not seen you smile like that in a really long time," Caitlin shrugs bashfully.

"I'm just happy," Caitlin glances at Hanna briefly, "he is the one thing in my life that is normal right now."

"Well, I'm happy for you," Hanna grins leaning her head against the seat, "things still weird with your parents?"

"Not really. They've both decided not to get back together. They're better off as friends anyway," Caitlin shrugs, "but they both made it clear they're going to co-parent anyway."