CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

The five best friends sat around the Hastings' kitchen counter as the video played on Spencer's laptop for the fifth time that night

"If the girls knew I was seeing you, oh, my God, they'd never shut up about it," Alison smiled sitting on kissing rock, Toby's jacket hanging off her shoulders as the camera focused on her face, "I wish they were more mature, but...we don't have a lot of time. I have to get back before they wake up. I know you want to kiss me," Alison smirked as the camera got closer to her. She leaned forward pushing the camera to the side to showing Ian's smirking face.

"She doesn't even look scared," Spencer commented still staring at her laptop screen.

"Did Alison ever look scared?" Hanna retorted softly.

"Come closer."

"He pushed her, didn't he?" Aria questioned finally pulling her gaze away from the computer screen.

"All that mumbling and groaning, maybe she was gripping the ground because she was—"

"Please do not finish that sentence," Caitlin cut the blonde off looking at her in disgust, walking away to sit on the arm of the couch in the living room.

"Looking for a weapon to defend herself?" Spencer snapped finishing Hanna's sentence, ignoring Caitlin.

"Why are you snapping at me?" Hanna glared at Spencer,  "I'm just trying to give your creepy brother an out."

"In-law, okay?" Spencer corrected, "Ian is my creepy brother-in-law."

"Okay, whatever he is, he just married your sister, and he might be a killer," Aria leaned on the counter.

"This definitely proves that he was with her the night she died," Emily walked away not being able to look at the screen any longer.

"Can we just watch this video one more time and figure out what they're saying?" Hanna asked rewinding the video but Emily stopped her.

"No, please. I can't watch this again."

"Yeah, Em's right. Let's just give it a rest," Aria pulled Hanna away from the computer gently making her sigh in defeat, retreating to the couch with Aria.

"Is anybody else freezing?" Emily questioned sitting down beside Aria.

"I'll make some hot chocolate," Spencer announced making her way into the kitchen.

"Hot chocolate?" Hanna let out a scoff, "what is this, Camp Tamarack? We can't just sit around singing Kumbaya. We have to hand over that video."

"What video?" Caitlin jumped turning around to see Ian walking in.

Caitlin quickly spoke up noticing the girls' frozen stances, "uh, Hanna rented Tootsie, but she left it at home."

"Oh, well, you're welcome to hang with us in the barn," Ian offered walking around the kitchen counter straight past the paused video of himself on Spencer's laptop, "your sister picked some chick flick on demand. Where do we keep the popcorn?"