CHAPTER SIXTEEN

"This is insane!" Hanna complained leaning against the Hastings kitchen counter where she was revising with the rest of the girls, minus Emily, for the SATs that was tomorrow, well they were revising while Hanna was annoying them, "how many words ...

"This is insane!" Hanna complained leaning against the Hastings kitchen counter where she was revising with the rest of the girls, minus Emily, for the SATs that was tomorrow, well they were revising while Hanna was annoying them, "how many words do they expect you to learn in one night?"

"Stringent," Aria read another one of Caitlin's cue cards that Jason helped her write.

"Rigid, tough, inflexible," Caitlin recited easily from beside Hanna, picking at the garlic bread in front of her.

"Okay, you're on a time out," Spencer glared at the green-eyed girl.

"I mean it's not like you're actually gonna use 'em," Hanna said still looking down at the practice SAT booklet in front of her, having a conversation with herself which the girls ignored.

"What? Why?" Caitlin pouted sadly earning two looks from the brunettes.

"Because you have gotten every question right so far," Aria explained furrowing her brows looking over at the fellow brunette, "how do you know these so well anyway? You started studying later than we did."

Caitlin's mind went back to the night she spent studying with Jason a little over a week ago. The two had been spending more time together, some days it was just relaxing, well more like Jason trying to get Caitlin to relax before she burns out, and other days it was Jason helping Caitlin study. She had been distancing herself from Noel, unintentionally of course, but that didn't mean she didn't feel any less guilty.

"I just kept revising," Caitlin shrugged looking down at her own practice booklet, picking up the pen that was in front of her.

"It's not like you go to college and then you start speaking a completely different language," Hanna continued, waving her hand around trying to distract the girls from noticing the blush forming on Caitlin's pale cheeks.

Spencer raised an eyebrow at Hanna, letting a smile cover her face, "it's about getting into college."

"Meretricious," Aria sent Caitlin a look not to answer making her hold her hands up in mock defence.

Spencer furrowed her eyebrows, trying to remember the synonyms for the respective cue card, "um...phony, flashy."

"Mmhm," Aria nodded at her placing the flashcard down in the 'knows it' pile before looking over at Hanna who was still eating the cold pasta, making her look at the blonde in disgust, "uh, Han, why are you still eating that?"

"Because it's here," Hanna said simply, shrugging her shoulders.

"Put it in the garbage," Spencer pointed to the bin with her pen.

"Then I'd have to stand over the garbage and eat it," Hanna stated making the girls laugh.

"Besotted," Aria read another cue card.

"Infatuated, enamoured, bewitched, in love with," Caitlin answered before she could stop herself earning glares from the two other brunettes while Hanna smirks. Caitlin sent them a sheepish smile glancing down at her booklet, "sorry."