CHAPTER SIXTEEN

OCTOBER, 2008

OCTOBER, 2008

The six best friends walked through the streets of Rosewood discussing their plans for Halloween this weekend on the way to Alison's house. 

"So, what do you think, Em?" Alison glanced behind her as she walked down the sidewalk, "should Hanna be Cute Britney or Bald Britney?"

"If she wants to be Cute Britney," Emily smiled shyly.

"Aria?" Alison glanced over at the brunette with pink streaks in her hair.

"She's not gonna shave her head," Aria giggled.

"Spencer, you're worse than my father," Alison scoffed noticing the brunette glued to her phone.

"Sorry," Spencer grinned happily pulling the glasses off her face, "but I did just procure nine votes from the debate team."

"Wait, that's a good thing, right?" Hanna tilted her head in confusion.

"Yeah, and procured means to obtain with special effort. And obtain means to—"

"Are you gonna recite the entire dictionary?" Alison rolled her eyes causing Caitlin to scoff.

"Ali," Caitlin warned the blonde before glancing over at Hanna linking her arm with her, "and I think that Hanna should be who she wants to be."

Hanna smiled brightly at her best friend as Alison sighed in defeat, "fine. But you better wear the tightest skinny pants you can fit your big butt into."

Hanna giggled at Alison who sent her a wink as Emily's phone went off. Aria raised an eyebrow when Emily smiled down at her phone, "Ben?"

Emily nodded, "he's all about me going as a sexy cop for Halloween but I'm thinking Indian girl."

Loud rock music caught the girls' attention. They turned around to see a car stroll up beside them, Noel and Eric Kahn in the front seat with the rest of the football players in the back. Eric grinned at his girlfriend, "hey baby."

"Hey," Caitlin smiled at him.

"What a shame," Alison smirked at Noel, "all that testosterone and not a sheep in sight."

"Careful, Alison," Noel smiled, "I get your jokes, but someday you might meet a guy who doesn't."

Alison chuckled glancing away from him, "so am I gonna see you girls at our party on Friday?"

"Um, I didn't know we were invited," Aria giggled at Noel.

"You are Caity and Ali's friends, right?" Noel raises an eyebrow but before they could answer a honk sounded from behind him.

"Come prepared to be scared," Noel smirked as Eric leans on the wheel glancing over at his girlfriend.

"I'll see you tonight, babe," Eric winks at her as she waved at him before he drove off.