CHAPTER ELEVEN

Caitlin walked down the stairs of her house, the stiletto heels that adorned her feet were clicking against the floorboards as she placed her phone in her bag

Caitlin walked down the stairs of her house, the stiletto heels that adorned her feet were clicking against the floorboards as she placed her phone in her bag. She had just finished getting ready, sending a message to Aria she was on her way to pick her up. She had never been a fan of dressing up, not since Alison disappeared, it seemed like now every party always led to something bad happening. She just wanted to change into her sweatpants and one of Jason's old hoodies she should have burned by now, but she knew Aria needed this, so she sucked it up.

Caitlin looked up when she heard a whistle. She rolled her eyes, her green eyes landing on her father's teasing ones, "is that my daughter...actually wearing a dress and heels?"

"Shut up," Caitlin chuckled walking up into the living room where he was seated going through some paperwork that had now been pushed aside, the man now being fully invested in Grey's Anatomy that was playing on the screen, "I thought you were working tonight, not binge watching Grey's for what is it? The tenth time?

Derrick gasped playfully, "decided I needed a night off, and excuse you! You can never get tired of Grey's." His eyes finally took in what his daughter was wearing; the short spaghetti strap dress fits her perfectly stopping just above her knee, the silver heels making her 5'3 frame become 5'5, her brown wavy hair falling onto her shoulders perfectly, the makeup on her face was light with red lipstick to match her dress, "I can drop you—"

"If you drop me off, you're going to threaten every male who even looks in my direction," Caitlin rolled her eyes knowing how protective he can be.

He could be a little over-protective sometimes but she knew it was always out of love. It's kind of why she kept her love life so secret when it came to her family, that and because the two guys she has dated have both been older than her which would not sit well with anyone, especially her father. She remembered back to the times he had told her and her siblings of all the things he could do with a scalpel to make it look like an accident.  

"I don't see the problem," Derrick shrugged, his shoulders crossing his arms now standing in front of his daughter.

Caitlin rolled her eyes, "I'm driving and I'm picking up Aria so I'm going to go before she changes her mind on coming."

Derrick raised his hands up in defence, "okay, fine. Be careful tonight. Oh! And no drinking."

"It's a school dance," Derrick gave his daughter a look making her nod her head understandingly, "fair point. I promise no drinking."

It's not like she could drink anyway. Hanna had sworn her off drinking, for good reason too. Back in her days of partying, she had picked up drinking, which eventually became a bad habit, becoming even worse when her mum had left. She was sober now and that would never change, at least she hoped that wouldn't change. Something particularly terrible would have to happen for that to happen.

Derrick placed a gentle kiss on her forehead, "have fun, but not too much fun, and if you need me to come and pick you—"

"Dad, I'll be fine," Caitlin chuckled, kissing him on the cheek before walking towards the door, "bye. I love you."