CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

"If this is about an apology, the damage has already been done," Kate walks into the bathroom with Hanna following in behind her

"I didn't snap that picture of you, Kate," Hanna cuts to the chase not wanting to stare at Kate's smug face any longer, "but I think I know who did."

"Who?" Kate crosses her arms, raising an eyebrow.

"Let's just say I'm no stranger to the magic of photoshop," Hanna smiles tauntingly, "I mean, I spent all of the ninth grade trimming my thighs."

"Mmm," Kate hums nodding her head slowly, "and I care because..."

"Because, you know, I'm starting to think that someone put your head on a much better body," Hanna smirks.

Kate chuckles, "excuse me?"

"Well, for one, your chest was definitely enhanced," Hanna grins smugly.

"Guess again, Hanna," Kate smirks crossing her arms, "some of us don't have to work as hard as you do."

"So, you didn't enhance," Hanna nods her head mockingly, "you just erased," Kate glances at her confused, "the birthmark above your waist."

Kate rolls her eyes facing the mirror, leaning on the sink, "I don't know what you're talking about."

"Yes, you do," Hanna smirks knowing she was close to breaking Kate, "you know, next time I'd be a little bit more careful when you're taking a sweater off in public." Kate's face snaps towards Hanna who continued to push her, "why would you do that, Kate? Why would you take a photo—"

"What was I supposed to do?!" Kate snaps causing Hanna to suppress the wide smirk that was threatening to appear on her face, "wait for your stuck-up BFF to download hideous pictures of me from riding camp? Like I couldn't see that coming!"

"You know, maybe it's time I really took a picture of you, Kate," Hanna glares before calling out, "hey, Caity? Can I borrow your phone?"

Caitlin stepped out of the stall with her phone in her hand, Emily and Aria doing the same with their stalls, "give me a second. I'm just using it to record this entire conversation." Caitlin glances up at Kate with a taunting glare as tears welled in her eyes when she glanced at Hanna's smirking face, "you know, next time I would be careful with who you try to knock down, Kate."

Hanna gives her a mocking wave before leaving the bathroom with the girls following behind her. Hanna shakes her head taking long strides down the hallway, "my mum has got to hear this."

"I can't believe Kate would send that out herself," Emily tries to catch up with Hanna, "I mean, that's psycho."

"No, it's genius," Aria corrects her, "the first week of school, she takes down Hanna and makes every girl pity her and makes every guy want to pounce on her."

Hanna stops walking and turns around to face the girls, "okay, not every guy. Caleb wants to strangle her." Hanna glances over at Caitlin, "you need to tell him to stop."