CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

"Your sister's pregnant?" Hanna exclaimed as she sat on Emily's bed between Emily and Caitlin, Spencer on the other side of Caitlin while Aria sat away from them at the bay window looking out the window, "how'd that happen?"

Caitlin sent Hanna a weird, "you're too old for me to explain the birds and bees to you."

Hanna rolled her eyes as Spencer and Emily chuckled. Aria looked over in their direction not cracking a smile which they don't notice. Emily looked at the laptop screen, "it's not really a how question, it's more of a why question."

"Well, I mean, I guess Melissa could have gone all maternal," Spencer shrugged looking down at her computer screen.

"I doubt it," Caitlin scoffed.

"This is so creepy," Hanna shook her head.

"Where are they now?" Emily asked curiously.

"They wanted to go to New York to visit Harper, and they're planning on shopping there," Spencer explained.

"What do you think this means?" Hanna questioned looking down at the piece of paper Toby gave Spencer.

"I don't know, but Toby wanted us to have it," Spencer shrugged clicking on her computer bringing up the Braille alphabet, "there. It's in braille, so—" Spencer cut herself off looking up at Aria who was trying to see from her spot from the bay window, "you want to see this, Aria?"

"No," Aria shook her head staring at Hanna with a glare before turning away, "I can see just fine from here."

"Okay," Spencer muttered staring between the screen and the note Caitlin was holding, "the first letter's a B." Spencer wrote down the letter be in the notebook before glancing up from the note to look at the computer screen, "A. It's an A."

"I think it's gonna tell us who A is," Hanna muttered sitting up straighter in anticipation.

"D," Spencer muttered in confusion staring down at the notebook.

"B-A-D?"

"Bad?" Caitlin stared down at the note in front of her, "that's it? That's the whole message?"

"What's it supposed to mean?" Emily questioned.

"It means you got punked," Aria spoke up scoffing, "Toby doesn't trust us. I don't blame him."

"No, I don't think he'd mess with us like this," Emily shook her head in disagreement.

"You'd be surprised what people are capable of," Aria muttered bitterly staring at Hanna who look down guiltily making Caitlin sigh.

"You guys, we have to figure this out," Spencer pushed, "this might be a joke, but it could be something real."

"Look, either way, Toby's not the enemy," Hanna sighed when she realised they were back to nothing.