CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

Later that day, Caitlin was in the locker room with the rest of the student body since it was the safest place to be for the storm

Later that day, Caitlin was in the locker room with the rest of the student body since it was the safest place to be for the storm. She was leaning against the lockers with her arms crossed, an annoyed look plastered across her face. She wasn't in the mood to take this test. She wasn't in the mood for anything. She just wanted to be alone. She was so hurt that Jason would think she would just string him along to hurt him the way he hurt her. 

She wasn't Alison. 

And let's just say the message A did not help her mood at all. Her eyes were closed, the coolness from the locker seeping through her knitted jumper, almost calming her down.

Almost.

Her eyes snapped open when she felt someone tap her shoulder. She turned her head to see Hanna standing by her with a wide smile, "hey, I'm pretty sure I saw Jason leaving, and I thought that was insane but then again, the guy would drive in a storm just to wish you—" Hanna cut herself off when she saw Caitlin roll her eyes, leaning her head against the wall as she stared straight ahead at the white wall in front of her, "what's wrong?"

Caitlin shook her head, not sparing a glance at her, "nothing."

"What happened?" Hanna questioned softly.

"Hanna. It's nothing," Caitlin's voice was hard, filled with no emotion making Hanna's face contort into confusion, "just leave it alone."

Before Hanna could question her further, Emily walked up to them, seemingly lost in her own thoughts. Caitlin forced a smile greeting her, "hey, where were you?"

"I didn't hear the announcement. I was looking for my purse," Emily explained looking around the crowded locker room.

"It's probably still in the library," Hanna crossed her arms, "Em, if you were hooking up with—" Hanna cut herself off, glancing at Caitlin who raised an eyebrow at her in question, "...s—someone. You can tell the rest of the girls."

Emily looked at Hanna confused, "what are you talking about?" Hanna sent her friend a look, and realisation crosses Emily's face, "Caitlin already knows about it."

"Okay, good. So you can tell the rest of the girls if you and Maya were hooking up last night," Hanna explained, "it doesn't have to be some huge secret. It's not like I fell apart, and I'm sure Caity didn't either."

Caitlin noticed Emily's discomfort and quickly stepped in, "why don't we talk about this some other time?"

"All I'm saying is you can trust them," Hanna whispered gently.

Wilden interrupted the trio uncaringly, looking down at Emily, "Emily, we found something that belongs to you. Could you come with me, please?"

Wilden walked off expecting Emily to follow after him, but Emily just looked over at the girls helplessly causing them to shrug not knowing that it was about. He turned around looking at her more sternly, "Emily. Let's go."