CHAPTER FIFTEEN

Caitlin sits in the precinct beside Jason, shaking her leg as she leans her arms on her thighs

Caitlin sits in the precinct beside Jason, shaking her leg as she leans her arms on her thighs. She knew she should have stayed and listened to her gut feel. She had a feeling that A was planning something, she just didn't realise it was going to be something as big as this.

The girls were in a big mess and there was nothing Caitlin could do to help. Jason rubs her back trying to comfort her the best he could.

Veronica Hastings walks up to the brunette, barely sparing a glance at Jason, "Caitlin," Caitlin look up at her best friend's mother, "I need you to tell me everything you know about what happened tonight."

12 HOURS EARLIER

"Hi, You've reached Anne Sullivan. I've been called out of town on a family emergency. If you need immediate attention, please see your physician for a referral."

Caitlin sighs when she gets her therapist's voicemail for the forth time. She tosses her phone onto the other side of her queen bed in frustration. She leans back against the headboard, her legs pulled up to her chest in her room in their house in Philadelphia.

It was close to two o'clock in the morning when she finally gave up on trying to get some sleep. She couldn't sleep with Dr Sullivan missing and with what A was planning for the girls. It made her nervous that A willingly let her off the hook for her plan.

The light from the moon shining through the window was the only light illuminating in the room. She leans her head on her knees staring out the window, consumed by her own thoughts. She lifts her head up when she hears her door creak open. Jason's head pops out from behind the door, his hair sitting messily on top of his head, "hey, I thought I heard you."

"Hey," Caitlin whispers as Jason walks inside the room, closing the door behind him before taking a seat on her bed.

"What are you doing up?" Jason questions, his voice coming out raspy which Caitlin found incredibly hot.

"I could ask you the same thing," Caitlin counters watching as Jason's gaze drops down to his hand. She noticed how he had been acting off the past couple of days but it became more apparent on the drive over. Caitlin then takes note of the shirt he was wearing. From all the times she and Jason slept together, he had always found wearing a shirt uncomfortable so it was a surprise to her that he was wearing one now, "since when do you wear a shirt to bed?"

"Since your parents are asleep down the hall," Jason turns his head to look at her as she lets out a chuckle, "what's keeping you up?"

"Nothing," Caitlin shakes her head leaning her head back on her knees, "just have a lot on my mind," Caitlin shrugs glancing up at him.

Jason shifts in his spot leaning closer to her, "I know that you have a lot going on and I'm not going to pressure you into telling me but if you ever need to talk, I'm here, Cait. I promise."