CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Caitlin was in Hanna's room early the next morning still in her pyjamas after Hanna yanked her out of bed frantically telling her that she couldn't find Emily

Caitlin was in Hanna's room early the next morning still in her pyjamas after Hanna yanked her out of bed frantically telling her that she couldn't find Emily. The rest of the girls had also come in hopes of figuring out where their friend could have gotten to.

"Yeah, we weren't sure, we just thought that maybe she—" Spencer paces as she spoke on the phone to Emily's coach, "yeah, thanks," Spencer hands up the phone glancing back over at her friends, "she's not at swim practice."

"I told you," Hanna crosses her arms, "she's not allowed near the pool."

"Guys, all of her clothes are here," Aria spoke up looking through the closet in Hanna's room, "you think she did something crazy?"

"Like what?" Caitlin questions, crossing her arms worriedly.

"Like jump in her car and burn rubber till she hits Texas," Aria suggests.

"And leave everything behind?" Spencer holds Emily's phone up in her hand, "she didn't even take her phone."

"I wouldn't either if I were her," Aria crosses her arms worriedly, "A had his—her—its hands around her neck and keeps reminding her!"

"She hasn't slept in weeks," Hanna points out, "and when she does, she's tossing and turning all night."

"Don't we all?" Caitlin questions, receiving a silence from the girls giving her the answer she was looking for.

Spencer turns on Emily's phone glancing down at it with a frown on her face when she saw the attachment attached to the message, "Hanna, did you not see this?"

Hanna takes the phone from Spencer as Caitlin peers over Hanna's shoulder looking at the picture of Aria and Ezra kissing. Hanna's eyes widen shoving the phone in Aria's face, "is that you?"

"Yeah, of course, it's me," Aria says looking at the phone in shock.

"Well, unless you're Aria's mum, just assume it's Spencer slutting it up," Spencer comments getting ignored by the rest of the girls.

"When did she get that?" Aria asks.

Caitlin took the phone from Aria's hand looking at the text, "3:07 am and it came with a text."

𝗖𝗹𝘂𝗲 𝗘𝗹𝗹𝗮 𝗶𝗻 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝘁 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗼𝘂𝘁. — 𝗔

"Give me this," Aria snatches the phone from Caitlin's hands looking down at it with a frantic expression on her face.

"Aria, chill," Hanna tries to calm the short brunette down, "Emily would never send that to your mother."

"Well, of course, she wouldn't because she can't," Spencer throws her hands up in frustration, "'cause we have her phone and she left in the middle of the night! Where the hell is she?"

Caitlin crosses her arm before her eyes light up in realisation, "I don't know where she is but I might know where she's going to be..."

• • • •