CHAPTER EIGHT - THE FINALE SELECTION EXAM

New version.

---------------------------------

It's now a few months later. Yoriichi was now watching as Tanjiro was having another go with cutting the boulder again after he had managed to cut Sabito's mask off, revealing a male with a scar on his face with a soft expression.

 Yoriichi had also nearly fully mastered sun breathing as well. When Yoriichi first showed that he was able to use a breathing to Urokodaki, Urokodaki was very shocked. He was surprised that Yoriichi was able to learn a different type of breathing by himself and it was even sun breathing.

"Do you really think I'll be able to cut the boulder now?" asked Tanjiro.

"I don't know. Let's see if you can, " replied Yoriichi.

Lifting his katana up, Tanjiro swing his blade down with a determined expression and was able to slice the boulder right in half.

"I-I actually did it nii-san!" said Tanjiro happily.

"So you both have now cut the boulders in half," spoke Urokodaki while walking up to them.

"Does that mean we can go to the final selection?" asked Tanjiro happily.

"sigh* Yes, you can go. But to be honest, I don't want you to go," said Urokodaki sighing.

"Huh? Why's that?" questioned Tanjiro, getting elbowed by Yoriichi in the stomach.

"You shouldn't ask about this. You'll find out soon enough," said Yoriichi which made Urokodaki's eyes to widen.

'Does he know?'  thought Urokodaki.

TIME BREATHING: FIRST FORM - TIME SKIP

The day of the finale selection has finally arrived. Tanjiro wore a nagagi with a cloud pattern and his warding mask (which Urokodaki had carved himself) on the side of his head.

Yoriichi wore a plain red nagagi and his warding mask was also worn on the side of his head like Tanjiro's.

"Bye Urokodaki-san. Please take care of Nezuko and Michikatsu-niichan for me. Oh, and say bye to Sabito-san and Makomo-san for me," waved Tanjiro which made Urokodaki shocked.

"Bye Urokodaki-san. Like Tanjiro said, please take care of those two for us. Please thank Sabito-san for me and please pay respect for Sabito-san and Makomo-san for me," said Yoriichi.

'So he knows,'  thought Urokodaki while Tanjiro was confused by what Yoriichi meant by that. 

'What does nii-san mean by that? He's talking like Sabito-san and Makomo-san are dead,' thought Tanjiro.

TIME BREATHING: FIRST FORM - TIME SKIP

Yoriichi and Tanjiro had finally arrived at where the final selection was held, which was at Fujikasane mountain. The place was surrounded by wisteria trees which was quite a beautiful view. 

Yoriichi and Tanjiro looked around and saw a male with bright yellow hair who looked very scared, a male with a lot of scars who looked aggressive and a female with black hair and a butterfly pin who didn't have any emotions displayed on her face. 

Two siblings, one with white hair and the other with black hair then walked out, and explained to them about how to pass the final selection exam. 

"We thank you for coming here tonight," they spoke in unison.

'Wow, how do they do that? Is it something with twins? Can nii-san and nii-chan talk at the same time as well?' thought Tanjiro.

"-To the Demon Slayer Corps final selection," the twins continued.

"There are demons imprisoned here on Mt Fujikasane, captured alive by the Demon Slayer swordsmen, and unable to leave."

"That is because wisteria, which demons hate so much, blooms year-round from the bottom to halfway up the mountain."

"However, there is no wisteria this point on, and so demons aren't bound."

"You'll survive here for seven days to pass the final selection."

"And now, be on your way," explained the twins.

The two siblings then left as people starting heading into the forest, most with one thing in mind, 'survive for seven days and pass the test to become apart of the Demon Slayer Corps'. On the other hand, some others thought, 'I can't do this, I'm going to die but I need to pass'. Either way from now on, their one and only goal was to survive. 

"Tanjiro, I think we might need to split up. I know it can be dangerous,  but we both need to experience battles against a real demon up front so we know what it will be like if we pass this exam. We might still see each other in the exam though. We'll meet after the exam is over," said Yoriichi.

"Alright nii-san," agreed Tanjiro.

"I hope you pass Tanjiro."

"I hope you the same thing nii-san." replied Tanjiro.

'Seven days. That's one week in this forest,'  thought Tanjiro.

'I have to survive to pass this test. I hope Tanjiro will survive too,'  thought Yoriichi.

'I have to survive without nii-san, he won't always be there for me. I can do this,'  thought Tanjiro.

'I have to survive, for Michikatsu/Nezuko!' thought both Yoriichi and Tanjiro, determined to pass the exam.

From now on, the Demon Slayer Corps Finale Selection....... officially starts!

TO BE CONTINUED...

----------------------------------------
I erased the character profiles in the new(current) version but, Kiriya (black haired twin), is male btw. Gonna remind you that forever bro