CHAPTER TWELVE - FIRST MISSION (PART 2)

New version.

-------------------------------

Soon, it was dark outside. The sun had set and it is now the time where demons roam in the dark streets of villages.

Tanjiro was walking in the front, sniffing for the same foul demon scent that he had found earlier on the streets. Right behind him was Yoriichi and Kazumi who followed them. Kazumi was still a little confused and feeling guilty.

"You're still going to keep going?" questioned Kazumi.

"Yes," replied Tanjiro, still sniffing around for the smell of a demon.

"Look how late it's gotten. I'm flattered that you two kids are concerned for me, but shouldn't you pick up again tomorrow and get some rest?" asked Kazumi, worried.

Looking up at the sky, Yoriichi thought, 'Well he's right about it being dark, but demons only come out at night.' 

"I'm afraid we don't have time for rest right now Kazumi-san. Right now is the best time to find the thing responsible for all the disappearances of those young girls," said Yoriichi.

'What does he mean by that? What does he mean by 'the thing'. Isn't the culprit human like us?' thought Kazumi.

"Um, what do you mean by that? There should still be time for some rest right?" asked Kazumi.

Tanjiro then suddenly crouches down on the ground, inspecting it.

"Those things are active during the night. That's why we can't afford to rest," answered Tanjiro.

"Did you find anything here Tanjiro? Seeing that you just crouched all of a sudden, you must've found something right?" asked Yoriichi.

"Yes. I've detected a new scent in this area. It's gotta be somewhere nearby," replied Tanjiro.

Kazumi also crouched down and said, "those things..... don't tell me you guys are....you're really..."

Suddenly, Yoriichi had a bad feeling in his stomach. 'Something feels wrong.'  thought Yoriichi. He then remembered something that Tsugi had told him. 

[TrUst YouR INstinCtS]

Yoriichi's eyes widened, calling out his brother's name.

"Tanjiro."

"Yes!" answered Tanjiro, getting up and running in a direction, Yoriichi following behind him.

"What's gotten into you two all of a sudden?" questioned Kazumi.

'So fast,'  thought Kazumi, watching the two slayers run.

"The scent's just gotten stronger! The demon's close," said Tanjiro.

The two brothers jumped onto the roof and started running on the rooves while Kazumi followed them on ground. 'They jumped? Were demons what they were talking about? The Demon Slayer Corps.... they really....' 

The two Kamado brothers who were ahead jumped down onto the ground looking at their surroundings. 'This is it. They're here right now,'  the two brother thought, drawing their katanas. 

'I have a strange feeling about this,'  thought Yoriichi. '

Two different scents.... a demon and a female human!'  thought Tanjiro. The Kamados looked around but saw nothing. 

They're nowhere to be found!'  thought the brothers.

As the two brothers got closer to a certain spot, Yoriichi felt Michikatsu move in his box, knocking on Yoriichi's back lightly so only he would hear. Yoriichi's eyes widened looking at the box, 'Michikatsu...'