Chapter 58- Hashira training

"And now, the first person who awakened this mark is not any of the hashiras here, but Kamado Yoriichi and Kamado Tanjiro. We asked but they either had a hard time to explain how to receive a mark or said nothing. We had also found out that two hashiras had received the mark. Kanroji Mitsuri and Tokito Muichiro. Kanroji-san, Tokito-san, please enlighten us," said Amane.

"It was like baduum and durrr and budaah! Then my heart went badum badum and my ears went screee. And tinkle tankle too!" exclaimed Mitsuri.

Everyone went silent. Iguro even face palming.

"I am sorry I will go hide in a hole now," Mitsuri bowed, apologising. She was the same type of person as Tanjiro.

"I wasn't aware of any marks," Muichiro spoke. "But looking back on the battle, I became aware that the way of things became different. If you fulfil these conditions then you might get the mark. I'll now fill you in," said Muichiro.

And that was how the training for slayers run by hashiras started.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

After Yoriichi woke up, he found himself being forced into a training. At times like this, he wished he could just relax and chill like Michikatsu. The special training session was called the 'hashira training' where those who were ranked lower than hashira trained under them. 'Maybe if I just accepted the spot of 'sun hashira' back then I wouldn't have to suffer this much,'  thought Yoriichi while Michikatsu was cheering him on in the background.

"Slow! Slow! Slow! What the hell are you people doing? I got no clue! Your stamina's low as hell! This is just basic running man! If you're gonna be this slow then beating an uppermoon is gonna be within a dream ok?!" yelled Uzui. "Hey I didn't ask you to lick the ground! It's not time for break yet! Go for another round!" Uzui hit the people on the ground with a shinai.

[Hashira training trial one: Former sound hashira Uzui Tengen COMPLETED]

Yoriichi who completed his training quickly, moved alone to the next training. Watching Tanjiro walk around as if finding someone, he tapped the boy's shoulder before pointing in a direction.

"Tomioka-san is that way," said Yoriichi.

"Oh! Thank you Yoriichi-niisan!" Tanjiro thanked him, rushing to where Giyuu was.

Yoriichi knew he was looking for Giyuu because he too also looked for him right before Tanjiro. He however, could not convince Giyuu at all because he wasn't really the best at things like that but he figured that Tanjiro can. 'I wish you luck. I know you look up to him a lot,'  thought Yoriichi, watching Tanjiro's figure get smaller and smaller. 

"Are you finished with the training too?" Michikatsu suddenly appeared behind him.

"Yeah," replied Yoriichi, wiping sweat off his forehead.

"Whose trial are you going to next?" questioned Michikatsu.

"None."

"None? But don't you have to do all of them?" asked Michkatsu, confused.

"Yes however I want to request some time to train alone," answered Yoriichi.

"So you're going to Oyakata-san now?"

"Yes."

"Then tell him that Tamayo-san asks how he's doing for me yeah?" said Michikatsu before he walked away.

'He met Tamayo-san?'  thought Yoriichi. 

[With Tanjiro]

After convincing Giyuu to be apart of the hashira training, Tanjiro went back to his trial.

Soon, Tanjiro completed his training with Uzui, he then lef to the second trail to train with Muichiro.

"Tanjiro you're even faster than before. I'm helping your muscles ease and tense up more smoothly. That's the spirit! Once you're able to do that your stamina will improve by a lot. Your body coordination is perfect!" Muichiro smiled brightly at Tanjiro. "Go to the next hashira for training Tanjiro."

"Eh, you sure? It's only been five days," Tanjiro was in disbelief.

"Well you did everything well just like I said," smiled Muichiro.

Muichiro was very kind to Tanjiro but when the other slayers tried to ask, he was very cold. He was clearly biased.

After, he then passed Mitsuri's training, Iguro's training but when he headed towards Sanemi's training, he saw Zenitsu running away screaming. Sanemi soon arrived, taking them to his training where he wiped the floor with them. 

That day, Tanjiro accidentally saw Genya and Sanemi speaking to each other, finding out that they're brothers and ended up comforting Genya and getting banned from going close to Sanemi. 

Breath of the clock hand: first form; time skip*

Yoriichi could be seen in the forest training by himself. It seemed like he was going crazy as he was talking to thin air but there was actually someone there that others could not see.

[You're a lot better at user transparent world and the slayer mark now] O/Yoriichi complimented him.

Yoriichi didn't reply, he just stared at his hands that were scarred. His hands that were once fine and had no scars on it now were filled with it. His hands were hard from all the training and the scars represented the battles he was in. He had come a long way. 

[You seem to have a lot on your mind. What are you thinking about? Tell me. We're the same person after all] 

"Why... was I reincarnated?" Yoriichi asked.

[I don't know. No one will know. The least we can do is just have a guess. What do you think?]

"I think it's kind of like a curse. A curse that started because things went how it wasn't supposed to be so it's like we've been given another chance to fix it," answered Yoriichi.

[I see. It should be time that you head to the training of the stone hashira now. Your alone training time is over] O/Yoriichi disappeared as Yoriichi proceeded to make his way to where Gyomei's training was.

What the two didn't know was that there was someone there. Both Yoriichis did have really good senses, but it's another thing to sense a spirit. The one listening in was a transparent version of Michikatsu (we'll call him O/Michikatsu just like O/Yoriichi). 

<If it is a curse then we'll have to fix it with our lives as payment for our mistakes but, I won't let you die> said O/Michikatsu, staring at the figure of Yoriichi.

"A payment with our lives....?" Michikatsu felt sick.

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________
Hi everyone. The chapter wasn't too boring right?

I hope you have a marvellous day/evening/night
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life
Thank you for reading this fanfic

Idiotic lazyass author-san/chan/kun/whatever out ✌ peace

See you all next chapter