Chapter 32- Past or present

A male with light brown hair and brown eyes walked in with an irritated expression.
'It's that guy again. What did he say his name was again...ah yes...Tsugikuni Yuta.' Yoriichi stared at Yuta intently, wondering what was going on. It seemed that the brown haired male noticed because he snapped his head towards the younger Yoriichi's direction with a look of disgust.

"Why are you staring at me like that? It's annoying."

'Huh? That wasn't what the voice said next.' thought Yoriichi, remembering that he had heard these voices before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I...uhh." Yoriichi's eyes widened realising he was able to move and talk on his own. 

"You what?" the brunette spoke with distaste. 

"Nothing." Yoriichi looked away at Yuta and stared at Michikatsu.

"Is there something you need Yoriichi?" questioned Michikatsu with a confused expression.

"Can I talk to you?" asked Yoriichi.

"Of course!"

"No, you promised to hang out with me after training today." Yuta grabbed Michikatsu's arm glaring at Yoriichi.

"It's only for five minutes. You can spare that much time for me right?" asked Yoriichi.

"It's only for five minutes Yuta, I promise to play with you after that." Michikatsu pat Yuta on the head.

"..Fine." Yuta mumbled.

Yoriichi recognised the rose quartz necklace that Yuta wore around his neck and decided to ask about it,

"Yuta, where did you get that necklace?"

"Why are you suddenly asking me about things? Isn't Michi-niichan the one you wanted to talk to?" Yuta sounded annoyed.

"I just want to know before I talk to 'katsu." said Yoriichi.

"Katsu? Is that a nickname for me?" Michikatsu pointed to himself.

Yoriichi nodded.

"Michi-niichan found the crystal." answered Yuta, "Michi-niichan found the crystal at the river when he was playing with me two months ago and made a necklace for me."

"I see."

"So what did you want to talk about?" asked Michikatsu.

"I wanted to ask if you know Tanjiro or Nezuko." answered Yoriichi.

"Tan...jiro? Nezuko?" Michikatsu had a confused expression on his face.

"Who are they? Do you know them Yuta?" Michikatsu turned to Yuta.

"There's no one with the name of 'Tanjiro' or 'Nezuko' here. Have you gone insane and started making imaginary friends?" Yuta crossed his arms.

"What do you mean? They're our family Michikatsu, all of them. Takeo, Shigeru, Hanako, Rokuto, mother, father, Tanjiro and Nezuko." Yoriichi looked alerted.

"Are you ok Yoriichi? Those people....don't exist. Yuta is our only brother along with mother and father." Michikatsu looked concerned. 

"What?"

In reality*

Nezuko got out of her box and looked around only to see that everyone was sleeping. She tried waking Yoriichi up but failed, so she tried to shake Tanjiro awake but he didn't open his eyes. She seemed to have gotten an idea and banged her head against Tanjiro's which gave her a big bump on the head, making her tear up and cry, accidentally activating her demon blood art burning the ropes.