Chapter 29- Demon turned Tsugikuni and Ukimi slayer

"That's right. He took his friend's nichirin sword and cut off his own head. His friend reached out not wanting him to but he was too late to stop his friend. I personally think that was a good thing though." said Oyakata.

"A...good thing? How is that a good thing?!!!"

"Perhaps his friend might have not realized, but it was less painful for him to die quickly than to wait for the sun to turn him into ashes."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Everyone's eyes except for Oyakata's and Michikatsu's widened.

"That's horrible." commented Mitsuri.

"What is it that you're saying is horrible? The part where Tsugikuni-san had to cut off his own head, or the fact that his friend could've been the reason why he died a painfully slow death?" asked Michikatsu.

"W-well they're both terrible."

"Stop putting Mitsuri on spot." glared Iguro.

"But am I wrong? Either, that friend was a very foolish one it seems." said Michikatsu.

"You speak as if you've met that friend before." Oyakata spoke up.

"There's still a chance that man is still alive." answered Michikatsu.

Their eyes widened.

"Why do you day so? Hundreds of years has passed. How could a human possibly survive that long? If not from an accident or illness, the process of aging would've killed them long ago....unless....are you suggesting that they've turned into a demon, Michikatsu?" asked Oyakata.

"Yes, Oyakata-sama."

"Why do you think that he turned into a demon?"

"I'm not suggesting, I know he has. He along with a demon named 'Tsugikuni Yuta' was spotted at the village attack in the North. The demon had green hair and green eyes, he looked like a normal human being and goes with the name 'Ukimi Hizu'. That is the name of the man we're talking about, yes?" said Michikatsu.

"You are right. It seems that the younger brother and friend had turned into demons after all." said Oyakata.

"Oyakata-sama, what are you talking about?" asked Muichiro.

"Who's Tsugikuni Yuta?" asked Rengoku.

"You see children, that's not the only story there is. There's another story deemed as fake that was forgotten. It was a story about two young mem named 'Ukimi Hizu' and 'Tsugikuni Yuta'. It was also said that Uzkimi Yuta was also the friend that was in the 'Tale of the Tsugikuni Slayers', and Tsugikuni Yuta was the biological brother of the twins."

"Oyakata-sama, may I request you to tell us the story of the story? I am quite curious of it." asked Yoriichi.

"Of course." smiled Oyakata, "Here is how it goes:

[A few months after the death of the greatest slayers and the origin of the 'Tale of the Tsugikuni Slayers', a young man who had brown hair and red eyes named 'Tsugikuni Yuta' joined the Slayer Corps. Despite his red eyes that made him look evil and mean, he was very energetic, always smiling and a hard worker, but it seemed like he was always looking for something...or someone. 

Yuta quickly climbed up the ranks and became a hashira in only 4 months, 'The ruby hashira', named after his red eyes that looked like gems. Despite caring the title 'hashira', there were rumors going around that he was not able to use any breathing techniques, and what he was searching for was a breathing technique that he could use. No one had ever seen him use any breathing techniques. All that they've seen him use was a nichirin blade that never changed colours, also carrying a roze quartz crystal that was made into a necklace around his neck. It was said that his powers were from the rose quartz, but of course, that was not true since he was a human, not some creature that needed a source of power like magic.

Even with all the gossiping going around and people pointing fingers at him, he didn't look bothered or even tried to deny anything. It was like he didn't care. Right after becoming a hashira, he requested to check on the members a part of the Corps. When the current leader of that time asked, he just answered, "there's someone I wish to find". Everything was now clear, what Yuta was not a something, but a someone. Tsugikuni Michikatsu, that was who he was trying to find. However, the leader did not give him a clear answer.

"What you need to know shall be clear as day, however, do not let it take your happiness away. I await for what you choose."

Words has spread out about the person Yuta was really trying to find. People started treating him nicer and the mean rumors stopped but the answer he wished for was never received. That was until the rumors got to a green haired male.

A male named 'Ukimi Hizu' had requested to meet the ruby hashira one day. Usually Yuta would decline, but the people whispering around him made him wonder what was so different about the green haired male so, he agreed. As soon as Hizu was let in, he immediately got to the point and asked if he could show the ruby hashira where Tsugikuni Michikatsu was. Yuta instantly agreed, his eyes shinning but they soon dulled in front of the sight of his older brother's tombstone. 

The ruby hashira then shut himself from everyone, hiding in his estate and even denying to meet with the leader. The leader however, did not judge or force Yuta out because he knew that Yuta must've received his answer.

One night, the green haired male appeared on Yuta's windowsill, reaching a handout to the sleep deprived hashira. 

"Come with me, and choose your life path. Grab my hand, if you want to see your brother again."

Yuta grabbed the green haired male's hand without any hesitation hearing that he could see his brother again. The green haired male then took the red eyes male in the middle of the forest where a male with curly black haired appeared.

"So you've come. Are you sure? You will never be able to see the sunlight ever again. You'd have to live in the night forever and dig your teeth in the humans you swore to protect." the man said.

They both became demons. Of course, they never had a choice since they've come in contact with the demon king, but they did become demons willingly. From that day on, Tsugikuni Yuta abandoned the title as 'ruby hashira', and left with 'Ukimi Hizu', Michikatsu's best friend after they both burned down the graveyard, refusing to believe the truth,  walking down path as a demon.]

To be continued...

________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry, no tashio secrets this chapter but, you did find out some parts of Yuta and Hizu's past. There was just an earthquake where I live yesterday, I literally just woke up and was like "yk what I don't give a sh*t at this point. Melbourne apparently don't just got, Winter, Summer, Spring, Autumn and hail but now also earthquake in a day."

I hope you have a good day/evening/night.
Sleep early, don't stay up late.
ILYUSM for staying even though I update very slow.

Manga/Manhwa/Manhua(I can't tell ok!) recommendation: Villains are destine to die (also known as "Death is the only ending for the villainess")

Idiotic lazyass author out ✌