Chapter 46- O/Yoriichi to the rescue

"You know, while you were busy chattering away, I thought of a way to beat you or at least be able to wound you. This whole time it seemed like you know everything that I'd do as if you could see the future, but could you block something even if you knew it was coming if it's too fast for you to react? This is thunder vs thunder but mine is slightly faster than yours. 'Dancing flash' is a technique that combines the first move of thunder breathing and the first breath. Can your 'skill' beat dancing flash's speed?" smirked Yoriichi, taunting the green haired demon.

"You!- A weak human like was able to-"

"Don't talk about 'weak human' this and 'weak human' that. I'm tired of arrogant demons who's barely tastes defeat before think that any being weaker than them is prey. Look at your cheek, the cut I just landed on you hasn't healed as fast as those kizuki 12 members I've seen. Your arm too, there's a scar there from the time at the train that you got cut wasn't it? You're just like a human but with better strength who can never age," Yoriichi pointed out.

"What? 'Just like a human'?" it seemed like something inside of Hizu had snapped.

"Why do you act so surprised? Actually it doesn't seem like you're surprised at all. Now you're just standing still and your eyes looks like they're covered by something. Don't tell me you're the delusional type. Are you maybe... in the denial that you're just like a human?"

--------------------------------------------------------------

"A human? In... denial...?" Hizu's head was down, shadows covering his face before he started to laugh as if he was going crazy, "Ahahaha....hahahaha! A human, me?! I am certainly not a human after all, what kind of human would eat their own family members?!" Hizu had an insane smile.

Something inside of the green haired demon definitely had snapped. Green sparks of lightning surrounded the demon and his left pupil had changed to what looked like a clock, glowing in the night. 

'What's going on? He seems stronger than before! His eye too... that must be his blood demon art! Wait... does he really mean it when he said he ate his family?!'  wondered Yoriichi, eyes widening. 

"How about now Yoriichi?! Do I still look like a weak human being to you?! Can you still," Hizu suddenly disappeared from his spot and appeared besides Yoriichi about to pass him with his hand in front of the slayer's face, "keep up with my speed?"

Yoriichi was pushed back a few metres, crashing into the side of a house.

"Seems like you can't. You might as well stay down and not move since I will be the winner in this battle no matter what move you make. I can see them all," smirked Hizu. 

[sWiTCh wITh mE] Yoriichi heard a voice say in his head.

"Are you sure?" asked Yoriichi.

"Hah?! What are you talking about?!" questioned Hizu.

"I wasn't talking to you," replied Yoriichi.

"Then who?!"

[Me] 

The aura around Yoriichi changed, the mark on his forehead got bigger, his eyes looked more lifeless and the temperature around them turned cold, very cold.

"You- What did you do?! You suddenly feel more familiar than before but it's like you're a different person!" questioned Hizu.

[You don't recognise me? It's the person that you wanted to kill]

Hizu's eyes widened, "...What? But you're supposed to be dead! Why are you in your reincarnation's body?!"

[That doesn't matter. I've been watching everything in the form of a spirit. I saw all that has happened. Why have you turned out this way Hizu? You were my brother's best friend]

"Why did I turn out this way?! What a stupid question! If you never existed then maybe Michikatsu-kun would've chose to keep living! Whether he followed Muzan or not doesn't matter, I would've still followed him but he chose you over me! An alive person or at least I was a person before becoming a demon," Hizu grit his teeth.

[But you're still part human. It was your greediness that kept you a human. You failed to eat your sister because her blood was too pure and you ended up reverting back into a half human. She was able to escape and start her own family. That Hana girl is your sister's descendant]

"That's why I started that brothel. I made that brothel to someday lure in my sister's descendant and eat her so I could become a full demon again! Now Hana has gone missing because Michikatsu-kun realised it and hid her! Though I bet you thought he ate her instead right? You don't trust him enough to think he would actually eat human flesh."

[You're wrong, I trust him with all my heart. My reincarnation does too. That's why we're here to save him. There's no time for chitchat, I don't have much time in this body, but it should be enough to make you retreat]

"Then all I have to do is waste some time until you must leave that body! Let's see if you're as fast as before!" Hizu disappeared in a flash of light and appeared in front of Yoriichi (well technically O/Yoriichi) and slashed him but his hand went through the slayer. "....What?" Hizu was in disbelief. 

[Behind you] O/Yoriichi was able to deliver a slash at Hizu's neck before the demon jumped away, leaving a scar. 

"Oh right, that was your 11th form 'fake rainbow' right? It's been so long since I've last seen someone able to use your breathing that I've forgotten most of it," Hizu covered the cut on his neck with his hand with an irritated expression.

[Don't worry, I'm sure my reincarnation will be able to remind you of my strength in the future. First breath; ninth form: Dragon sun halo head dance] a large flame dragon appeared, forming from the tip of the red nichirin blade. 

Hizu's eyes widened as O/Yoriichi got closer and closer, 'Dammit, why can't I predict the future all of a sudden?!'  Hizu mentally panicked.

[Your blood demon art, it's the ability to see the future isn't it? That's why no matter what move my reincarnation made, you were able to deflect it easily, am I right? It was hard to find out what your demon blood art was because you never said the name of it when you use it unlike Yuta with his crystallisation art and Akaza with his compass needle art. It's because you're still half human so you can't use your demon blood art to your fullest ability am I right? So that's why you can't see the future when it comes to the dead. That's why you can't see mine. It's over] when O/Yoriichi was about to slash Hizu, his time was up and Yoriichi was in control again, giving Hizu time to kick the slayer away.

Clink!*

Looking at where Michikatsu and Yuta were fighting, Michikatsu could be seen with cuts all over him but at least he wasn't kneeling on the floor like Yuta, dull crystals everywhere on the walls and floor. 'Looks like Yuta has lost,'  thought Hizu.

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tashio Secret~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- At the train mission while Yoriichi had to decide to learn the past but abandon the present or continue living and forgetting the past, Yoriichi had made a deal with O/Yoriichi to let him take control of his body a few times for O/Yoriichi to also share the backlash of knowing the past. This also meant that every time Yoriichi swapped with O/Yoriichi, Yoriichi will not remember what O/Yoriichi was doing in his body.

- Hizu's little sister's favourite flower was the blue spider lily (if you know, you know) which she loved to sniff and one day she accidentally bit into the flower, but nothing happened to her. She was immune to the blue spider lily meaning she could not turn into a demon.

________________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone, I hope you liked the chapter! O/Yoriichi had made an appearance after so long! Next chapter, I'll give you the full backstory of Yuta and Hizu!

I hope you have a good day/evening/night!
Sleep early, try to not stay up late.
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life!
ILY all SM for staying and reading my fanfic!

Manhwa recommendation: Return of the disaster class hero

Idiotic lazyass author-san/chan/kun/whatever out ✌ peace

See you all next chapter! <333