Chapter 59- The beginning of the last battle

"Why... was I reincarnated?" Yoriichi asked.

[I don't know. No one will know. The least we can do is just have a guess. What do you think?]

"I think it's kind of like a curse. A curse that started because things went how it wasn't supposed to be so it's like we've been given another chance to fix it," answered Yoriichi.

[I see. It should be time that you head to the training of the stone hashira now. Your alone training time is over] O/Yoriichi disappeared as Yoriichi proceeded to make his way to where Gyomei's training was.

What the two didn't know was that there was someone there. Both Yoriichis did have really good senses, but it's another thing to sense a spirit. The one listening in was a transparent version of Michikatsu (we'll call him O/Michikatsu just like O/Yoriichi).

<If it is a curse then we'll have to fix it with our lives as payment for our mistakes but, I won't let you die> said O/Michikatsu, staring at the figure of Yoriichi.

"A payment with our lives....?" Michikatsu felt sick.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When Yoriichi made it to Gyomei's training sight, he was greeted with Zenitsu screaming. 'Well this is gonna be... interesting,' Yoriichi sweat dropped.

As time went by, Yoriichi, Tanjiro, Zenitsu and Inosuke trained together under Gyomei's guidance.

One day, Yoriichi saw a change in Zenitsu. Zenitsu was now... calm. He's usually scream and shout but now he was peacefully meditating. 'Something has happened. Maybe we'll hav eto face Muzan soon,'  thought Yoriichi. Telling the others not to distract Zenitsu, Yoriichi then went back to his training. 

Breath of the clock hand; First form: Time skip*

"Caw! Caw! Emergency summon! Attack on the Ubuyashiki estate! Caw! Caw!" shouted the crows, summoning the demon slayers in the area.

Hearing the emergency summon, everyone immediately rushed to the Ubuyashiki estate. A big explosion appeared. Everyone was alarmed and the crows were telling them that Kibutsuji Muzan the man himself has appeared. Oyakata was dead. He sacrificed himself, his wife, and children leaving only his heir and two daughters to be left in charge.

Everyone stared in shock at the explosion, but they knew they couldn't just stood there shocked. The demon king himself was right in front of them. 

Muzan who was regenerating was then bounded by demon blood art, piercing through him and attacked by Tamayo who charged at him, stabbing her hand into his stomach. She told him that inside her wrist was a drug that turned demons back into humans. Slowly as time continued to pass, he will turn weaker and weaker.

"You are one stubborn human Tamayo. Your hatred towards me is unjust. Am I the one who killed your husband and kid? No. You ate them yourself," said Muzan.

"If I knew that I wouldn't have become a demon! All I wanted was to not die from my disease! I just wanted to see my kid grow up!" cried Tamayo. 

"Then you killed a bunch of humans after that. Was that all an illusion after that too? I noticed you had a lot of fun killing those people," smiled Muzan.

"That's right. I killed all of those people so in order to pay for my sins, you and I are dying right here! Himejima-san, please do it!" shouted Tamayo.

"Namuami dabutsu," Gyomei attacked Muzan, destroying his head, but Muzan did not die.

Muzan's destroyed head had regenerated back. Remembering the words Oyakata told him, Gyomei concluded that the only way to kill Muzan is the sun. He and the other slayers had to keep Muzan here until the sun came up.

"You b*tch! What did you do to Oyakata-sama!" Sanemi joined in the fight.

"Oyakata-sama!" shouted Mitsuri and Iguro.

One by one, people ran towards them.

"It's Muzan! Kibutsuji Muzan! This guy won't die even if you cut his head off!" Gyomei shouted, shocking them.

'Breath of mist; fourth form'

'Breath of insect: butterfly dance'

'Breath of snake; first form'

'Breath of love; fifth form'

'breath of water; third form'

'breath of wind; seventh form'

'Hinokami kagura: Sunflower lance'

They all charged at Muzan but they suddenly felt like they were falling. 

"You really think you could corner me?!" shouted Muzan with a wide smirk.

"I'll kill you muzan!" shouted Tanjiro.

"Come and get me if you can, Kamado!" Muzan shouted back.

"I'll come get you," Muzan heard someone say near him. 

Muzan shivered. It was Yoriichi. Not far from Yoriichi, was Michikatsu who turned around and went the other way. Yoriichi tried to grab Michikatsu but he was sent somewhere else. 'Yes, the room that Kokushibo was sent to is...'  Muzan's grin widended.

[With Michikatsu]

Michikatsu knew that Yoriichi was reaching out towards him, but he couldn't turn back. He had to continue down the hallway where he saw the colour green. It was Hizu. The place that he was sent to was right near where Hizu was. 

Opening the room at the end of the hallway, Hizu wasn't there. The room didn't have anyone else in it. Hizu's rooms was quite... strange? No it wasn't just strange, it looked like the room belonged to a psychopath. The walls were covered in smears of red. It was most likely blood. Torn papers were all over the floor and some even stuck to the dried blood on the wall. The state of Hizu's room was quite terrifying

Picking up a piece of paper on the ground, Michikatsu read it. He picked up another one and read it too. Another and another, he read them one by one. On the last page, it was clear that after he had seen him again, he had grown tired of living. Every time they encountered each other made him no longer want to live. The last straw was when he approached Hizu telling him to become a human with him again. 

"You shouldn't help yourself to someone else's belonging's without their permission, Michikatsu-kun," the pieces of paper in his hand was snatched by Hizu. "Though part of me is relieved that you had read them," Hizu ripped the papers and scattered them on the ground. "You shouldn't have come here. You should've just ignored me when you saw me. I didn't want you to see me like this," Hizu walked closer and closer to Michikatsu, cupping Michikatsu's face with his hands. "You should never see me weak," a tear slipped down Hizu's cheek as his expression remained a psychotic one.

"I'm sorry," Michikatsu spoke softly. 

"It doesn't matter. This battle... will be our last," Hizu drew his sword.

To be continued...

__________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone, I hope you liked the chapter. The next chapter will most likely be the last.

Have a great day/evening/night
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life
Thank you for reading this fanfic

Idiotic lazyass author-san/chan/kun/whatever out ✌ peace

See you all next chapter