CHAPTER ELEVEN - FIRST MISSION

New version.

----------------------------

Yoriichi and Tanjiro wore their checkered and plain red haori over their Demon Slayer uniforms,  ready to go to their first mission. Before they left, Urokodaki wanted to tell them somethings. 

"Yoriichi, Tanjiro, now that you guys are starting out with the Demon Slayer Corps, I'd like to explain a few things to you two," spoke Urokodaki.

"Yes," replied Yoriichi and Tanjiro.

"That Demon Slayer Corps outfit you're wearing right now, it's made out of a special fibre. It repels moisture and won't burn easily. A low-level demon's talons or fangs won't even manage to tear that uniform," explained Urokodaki.

"It's that strong?" Tanjiro looked at his uniform.

'Looks like they really don't want anyone dying on them,'  thought Yoriichi.

"Also, those nichirn swords of yours, the colour varies from owner to owner and each hue has unique properties. But since not many people end up with black blades, little is known about them. So little in fact that-" Urokodaki was then cut off when Tanjiro asked,

"So little is known that what Urokodaki-san?" 

"Since so little is known about them, black blades are said to be wielded by swordsmen who'll never go far," continued Urokodaki.

"I don't know how I'll do in the Demon Slayer Corps, but I'm going to turn Nezuko and nii-chan back into humans no matter what," said Tanjiro, looking at the wall next to him which is the room that Nezuko and Michikatsu were in. 

"It's the same forme, I'll try my best to help Michikatsu and Nezuko. They're all I have left including Tanjiro. I only joined the Demon Slayer Corps for them- to complete my duty as an older brother and save them and to own up to my mistake in the past," Yoriichi spoke while lowering his head.

"Keep your head up kid. It wasn't your fault that those two were turned into demons. Someone told me what happened and why you blame yourself for this. You think that if you completed your promise and returned home sooner, maybe everything could have been avoided right? No one blames you for this- I know your siblings don't. Even if you had returned sooner, there's no guarantee this wouldn't have happened anyways. Maybe if you had returned sooner, you and Tanjiro might've also died." 

"Yes..." 

"Yoriichi, for your nichirin sword, if you ever meet the flame pillar, he might be able to help you. It's most likely that the new flame pillar has a red nichirin blade," said Urokodaki.

"Yes." 

"One more thing, take these boxes that I've made. They are for you to carry your siblings during the day. They're made out of an extremely light wood called 'Cloud Mist Pine'. I coated them with rock lacquer to reinforce its exterior, and to make them more durable," Urokodaki took out two boxes and handed the boxes to them.

"Thank you," thanked Tanjiro and Yoriichi.

"It's so light," said Yoriichi, picking one up while Tanjiro picked up the other.

"It's really light Urokodaki-san!" spoke Tanjiro, amazed. 

"Michikatsu/Nezuko, get in this will you? Can you do it?" asked Yoriichi and Tanjiro, putting their boxes in front of their siblings.

"Mmf!"[sure!] said Michikatsu, but it was muffled while Nezuko said nothing and just got in her box. 

"Alright, we'll be going now," said Yoriichi.

"Bye Urokodaki-san," the two Kamados spoke in unison.

"Mmm mhm," they heard a muffled voice inside Yoriichi's box, which caused them to smile. 

Urokodaki walked up to them and put a hand on each of their shoulder.

"Good luck on your journey. Don't die and take care of each other when you can. I believe in you two," said Urokodaki.

"Yes," replied the two brothers.

TIME BREATHING: FIRST FORM - TIME SKIP

Yoriichi and Tanjiro soon arrived at a village not too far away. Michikatsu and Nezuko were now both in a deep slumber.

Remembering Urokodaki's theory,"I'm just guessing but, maybe instead of consuming human flesh, Michikatsu and Nezuko recovers by sleeping." 

The two borthers thought, 'Michikatsu/nii-chan, Nezuko, you two get lots of rest.' 

Walking on the bridge and looking around, Tanjiro wondered out loud, "Could this be the town to the northwest?"

"It might be, I'm not exactly sure though Tanjiro. We should probably ask someone. Let's go." 

Walking on the streets was a man who looked dead. He looked like a walking zombie in the sun light. His eyes looked dull and he looked completely dejected. 

"Oh look, it's Kazumi-san."

"Poor thing. He looks so haggard."

The town people whispered about the zombie-like male.

"Because he was with Satoko when she was taken."

"Night after night. It's so creepy."

"It's so dreadful!"

"When night falls, yet another young girl will be abducted!"

The two Kamado brothers heard the people whisper. Tanjiro's eyes widened ,running towards the man called 'Kazumi'.

"Kazumi-san!" Tanjiro called out.

Kazumi stopped walking and turned around to look at Tanjiro and Yoriichi.

"If you don't mind, we'd like to hear your story. Is that alright?" asked Yoriichi.

Kazumi just stared at them confused, but he agreed anyways and took them to where 'Satoko' was abducted.

"This is where Satoko-san vanished. You may not believe me." 

"We believe you," said Yoriichi.

"We believe you alright," added Tanjiro.

"I believe you!" Tanjiro repeated once again before getting on the floor and sniffing it.

"Is he a dog or something?" Kazumi asked Yoriichi.

"No, he's sniffing the scent to try and find Satoko-san," replied Yoriichi.

'There's still a faint trace of  a demon's scent, but it's uneven. There's something strange about this,'  thought Tanjiro standing back up.

"Did you find anything Tanjiro?" asked Yoriichi.

"Mhm, there's a faint smell of demons," Tanjiro replied to Yoriichi.

Kazumi who was watching the two brothers interact thought, 'What are they talking about? Who are those two boys anyways?' 

The two brothers then turned to face Kazumi.

"Kazumi-san, we believe you," started Tanjiro.

"That's the reason why we're here anyways," continued Yoriichi.

TO BE CONTINUED...