Chapter 44- Fighting the past connections

"Are you a demon slayer? You came. How many of you is here? That ugly blond girl was one right? Is the hashira coming? He's coming soon right? You're not a hashira. You look weak. You do know that I don't want anyone who's not a hashira right?" said Daki while her obi started to consume Koinatsu beside her.

[Somewhere else]

"Move Yuta."

"I don't want to. You can't kill me anyways." replied Yuta.

"I can. You know that too, the fact that I have a way to defeat you." Michikatsu pointed his blade at Yuta but the demon didn't even flinch.

"I didn't know you knew how to lie Michi-niichan. You're a great liar you know but unfortunately, your words do not match your actions. You're giving me a chance to move out of the way because you can't kill me. After all... you still love me as a brother."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

[With Yoriichi]

Yoriichi was running through the streets of the flower district when he heard two loud crashes, one loud meaning it was near, and another one that sounded a bit far from where he was. 

"Move Yuta!" Yoriichi heard the voice of someone.

'That voice... it's Michikatsu's! I have to go and see what's going on there. He said the name 'Yuta' too. Did he... join the side of the demons?!'  wondered Yoriichi speeding up to a two story house.

The upstairs wall of the two story house was broken and you could clearly see three people- or should I say demons, standing there.

"Michikatsu!" Yoriichi screamed.

"Yoriichi...?" Michikatsu stared back at the desperate looking Yoriichi.

Michikatsu was about to jump down to his brother, when a pink crystal crashed into the floor in front of him, preventing him from going to Yoriichi.

"Our conversation wasn't over. I would appreciate it if you sheath your katana and focus on me instead of that bastard," Yuta grit his teeth.

"Sun breathing; Fifth form: Setting sun transformation" Yoriichi leaping into the air, ready to decapitate Yuta's head, when lightning sparks appeared in front of him and stopped him.

"Ah ah ah, you mustn't interfere in a brothers reunion. How about you fight with me for the meantime?" smiled Hizu.

"I'm his brother, not that demon. I don't care of about what happened in my past life, but in this life, the past doesn't matter at all! Sun breathing; Second form; Clear blue sky" Yoriichi spins his body around 360 to to slash the green haired demon but it seemed as if Hizu already knew what he was going to do and dodged it in a second.

"You're quite slow. Do you really think you could catch up with thunder with that speed?" smirked Hizu.

"You!- Oh I get it, you were a user of 'thunder breathing' before you turned into a demon weren't you?"

"What a smart person you are Yoriichi-kun. That's right, I use to be a user of thunder breathing, but if you think that moving by the speed of thunder is my demon blood art, then you're completely wrong. My speed is simply just skill," Hizu appeared before Yoriichi and extended his fist.

Yoriichi was quick to react and blocked with his blade but he was pushed back a few metres. 'He's strong. Without my knowledge of his demon blood art, his speed and demon strength, he's practically unbeatable. I need to figure out his demon blood art fast before my stamina runs out,' thought Yoriichi.

Crash!*

"Michi-nii, I really don't want to fight but if you keep charging at me with your blade I might have to cut off your limbs but don't worry, they'll regrow since you're a demon like me. You should join me, you're a demon like me, you don't fit in with the rest of them, them a in humans," said Yuta with crystals on his side, floating in the air.

"I'm not going to leave Yoriichi behind. I'm not going to leave the rest of my siblings behind to join you Yuta," Michikatsu replied which seemed to anger Yuta.

"Siblings?! You call them your siblings?! They joined an organisation that wants you killed! They agreed to let you get killed if you were to act out of line even though you would be acting like yourself, a demon! I'm your brother too! So why do you always pick the ones that hurt you?!" yelled Yuta, releasing his crystals in Yoriichi's direction.

"Moon breathing; Second form: Pearl flower moongazing" Michikatsu rushed at the crystals and made crescent shaped slashes and destroyed the crystals.

"Why do you always defend him?!"

"Because he's my brother," Michikatsu replied calmly.

"I am too!"

"My only siblings are the ones with good morals. The second you joined Kibutsuji Muzan, you've let go of your values as a human and broke my trust in you to follow the way of the sun. You can no longer walk in the light of the sun," said Michikatsu.

"Michi-nii you're being a hypocrite! You're a demon too and so is that pink eyed girl that you call your sibling!"

"But I can still walk in the sun and live like a human. My feelings and mind are still of a human, I have control of myself and while you also do, you cannot feel sympathy or love. You can say that you love me as a brother, but that's because you see me as a role model, someone to look up to or just want revenge on Yoriichi. Nezuko and I are different from you. We want to protect the only ones we have left while you want to destroy that bond Yoriichi and I have and that's where I draw the line. Yuta," Michikatsu lifted his katana and pointed it at Yuta, "you were right, I did still love you as my brother, but as the older sibling, I must take responsibility for bad deeds and kill you!"

"You... you're really not going to change your mind are you?" asked Yuta.

"My values and morals are clear."

"Then I guess the only way we'll be reunited as siblings is if you're under the control of Muzan! Demon blood art; Crystallisation second style: Reflection of crystal shine!" three crystal copies of Yuta appear and all charge at Michikatsu. 

"Water breathing; Fourth form: Striking tide. I guess I'll have to say goodbye again like in my past life," Michikatsu performed multiple slashes to deliver attacks continuously.

Yuta's crystallised copies slowly turned dull and shattered. 

[lOok yUta, a rOsE quARtz! iT's A lItTLe rUstY ThOugH. I hEarD tHat lOtS oF wAteR cAn mAKe a cRYasTal dUlL!]

'He...remembered that. Did he... regain memories of his past life? Then why does he still decide to go with Yoriichi?!'  Yuta thought gritting his teeth.

"I had Tanjiro teach me this before meeting up with you. You see, my siblings are so helpful," smiled Michikatsu.

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tashio Secret ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Styles in demon blood art are basically forms in breathing 

- I actually made 5 styles for Yuta's demon blood art

- Hizu helped Yuta with his 3rd style in demon blood art(which is not revealed yet)

_______________________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone I hope you liked the chapter!

I hope you have a fantastic day/evening/night!
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life!
ILY all SM for staying!

Manhwa recommendation: Study group (unintelligent high schoolers who are very strong joins a study group)

Idiotic lazyass author-san/chan/kun/whatever out ✌ peace

See you guys next chapter! <3