Chapter 47- Red light district aftermath

Hizu's eyes widened as O/Yoriichi got closer and closer, 'Dammit, why can't I predict the future all of a sudden?!' Hizu mentally panicked.

[Your blood demon art, it's the ability to see the future isn't it? That's why no matter what move my reincarnation made, you were able to deflect it easily, am I right? It was hard to find out what your demon blood art was because you never said the name of it when you use it unlike Yuta with his crystallisation art and Akaza with his compass needle art. It's because you're still half human so you can't use your demon blood art to your fullest ability am I right? So that's why you can't see the future when it comes to the dead. That's why you can't see mine. It's over] when O/Yoriichi was about to slash Hizu, his time was up and Yoriichi was in control again, giving Hizu time to kick the slayer away.

Clink!*

Looking at where Michikatsu and Yuta were fighting, Michikatsu could be seen with cuts all over him but at least he wasn't kneeling on the floor like Yuta, dull crystals everywhere on the walls and floor. 'Looks like Yuta has lost,' thought Hizu.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I'm sorry Yuta," Michikatsu walked closer to the brown haired demon who's knelling on the ground.

"No! I-I haven't lost! I won't die and lose you after I've waited hundreds of years for you to be reincarnated! I can't lose!" Yuta quickly got up from the ground, ignoring all the dull jewels impaling deeper into his skin that was slowly healing. "Demon blood art; Crystallisation fifth style: Falling stars-" before Yuta could perform his technique, Hizu appeared and grabbed his hand that was in the air stopping him.

"Enough Yuta, you've lost," Hizu let go of the brunette's arm. 

"I haven't lost yet! Why did you stop me?! I could've knocked him out if you just let me perform my fifth style instead of interrupting me!-" Yuta wasn't able to finish speaking when Hizu sunk his teeth into Yuta's shoulder and stabbing his finger through Yuta's neck, knocking him out. 

"You!-" Michikatsu's eyes widended.

"What? I guess you're quite surprised right? Even if I'm only half demon, a demon eating another demon isn't what you see every day right? Oh right I'm still half human or at least for now. A human eating their predator, how the turns table," smiled Hizu.

"That's disgusting."

"If that's how you react now then I can't imagine what you would think if you were there the day I ate my family, aside from my sister of course. She got away safely and was able to start a family and now you're hiding her descendant from me," said Hizu.

"You would've eaten Hana sooner or later if I didn't hide her because you think that if you eat her you'll become a full demon again but who knows, maybe you'll fully revert back to a human and die of old age," said Michikatsu making Hizu furious but he didn't show it and kept smiling.

"Dying of old age as a human will forever be my least concern. Besides, I don't need my sister's descendant anymore, you can have her. Maybe you'll fall in love with her too? Just like how you liked my sister more than me," although Hizu didn't show it, he was clearly upset about the fact that Michikatsu did like his sister more than him. 

"I guess it turned out to be a good thing that I liked your sister more than you," said Michikatsu making an vein appear on Hizu's forehead.

Hizu was about to retort when Yuta's skin slightly turned to ashes and they realised the sun was rising. What had caught Michikatsu off guard was that Hizu who was using his body to cover Yuta, was not slowly crumbling away like normal demons.