Chapter 50- Hot spring encounter

"So you're going to have to stay behind?" Tanjiro looked sad.

"It's ok, while you guys are at the swordsmith village, I need to go somewhere too. Plus, maybe I'll get permission to go to the swordsmith village after you two soon. So go now," smiled Michikatsu, watching the other two leave with the kakushi.

[Somewhere else]

"Catch," Hizu threw a map at them, "go to the location written on the map and-"

"Hyo! Why do we have to listen to you?!" questioned Gyokko.

"Yeah I'll only listen to Muzan-sama," added Hantengu.

"Are you saying no to me?" glared Hizu, green eyes glowing in the shadows. "Have you forgotten who's your superior during the times my powers were weakened? I became a demon much earlier than you two. I can do whatever I want and Muzan can't even do sh*t to me so unless if you want to end up like Yuta, I suggest you start following my orders because I'm sure Muzan won't miss someone who can't bring him any success," Hizu warned the two demons.

"S-scary! S-so what do y-ou want us t-to do at the location?" asked Gyokko.

"The swordsmith village, go there and... kill every swordsmith." Hizu grinned widely.

----------------------------------------------------------

After Tanjiro, Yoriichi and Nezuko arrived at the swordsmith village and talked to the chief, they were lead to where the hot spring was.

"Oh it's Yoriichi-kun and Tanjiro-kun!" said a familiar pink and green haired hashira running at them.

"Ah be careful! Your breasts are going to spill out!" said Tanjiro.

'I know this is a very Michikatsu thing to think but the uninterested expression you made made it seem like you were gay. Though even if you were interested then Obanai-san would probably hate you even more,'  thought Yoriichi.

"Listen to me!" cried Misturi.

"Watch out!" said Tanjiro.

"I got ignored! I greeted him and he ignored me!" sulked Mitsuri.

"Who?" asked Tanjiro.

"I don't know! I asked him his name and he ignored me! Isn't that so cruel?! I'm a hashira! Now all that good energy I got from coming out of the hot spring is completely gone!"

"It looks like they'll be done with dinner soon. I heard they're making matsutake mushrooms," said Yoriichi to cheer Mitsuri up.

Before Tanjiro, Yoriichi and Nezuko took off, Michikatsu had told Yoriichi in advanced that he heard that the love hashira would be there, and if he was to ever accidentally upset or offend her with his bastard like-stone cold face and talking, just mention food. Apparently Mitsuri loved food a lot and Michikatsu was right. The pink and green haired hashira was now beaming and making her way to where dinner was while singing.

Yoriichi and Tanjiro who was carrying Nezuko who was inside her box arrived at the hot spring after climbing the stairs. Something came flying and before it could hit Tanjiro's head, Yoriichi caught it in his hand. 'A tooth? How dumb would you have to be to lose a tooth at a hot spring?... I'm getting influenced by Michikatsu's commentary,'  Yoriichi dead panned.

Yoriichi and Tanjiro then spotted a male with scars littering his body who they recognised as the boy from the final selection, who looked like he was pulling out a tooth. 'It's mohawk head! Naho-chan told me his name was...'  Tanjiro thought.

"Shinazugawa Genya!" Tanjiro called out to the scarred boy.

"Drop dead!" Genya yelled back, making Tanjiro upset.

Tanjiro quickly stripped and jumped into the water before saying, "It's been so long! How have you been? You have the same last name as the wind hashira!"

"Don't talk to me!" Genya grabbed Tanjiro's head and shoved it into the water and left.

'His temper is the same as the wind hashira too. This is where Michikatsu would no doubt say, 'no sh*t sherlock they're probably f*cking related','  Yoriichi once again dead panned.

"I thought we could be friends since we're all in the open. Man making connections are hard," said Tanjiro.

"Yeah it is. Sometimes those connections just get tangled up and they appear somewhere they shouldn't and it hurts everyone," said Yoriichi, thinking of Yuta and Hizu.

"It sounds like you have experience with making connections nii-san. You must have a lot of made lots of friends with other slayers and the people you've saved," commented Tanjiro.

"Is that so? It's quite the opposite actually. I'm only good at making people hate me, not at making friends. Michikatsu is the one who's good at making friends but sometimes, he makes friends with the wrong type of people- of leeches that just won't let go," replied Yoriichi.

"Oh..."

The two brothers continued to talk as Nezuko swam in the water.

Breath of the clock hand; first form: time skip*

"That's amazing!" said Tanjiro astonished.

"You really think so? Thank you! I didn't eat much though," said Mitsuri surrounded by empty bowls and plates.

"Oh yeah, the boy you met at the hot spring was someone from my batch called 'Shinagawa Genya'," said Tanjiro.

"Really? Is that so... That means he's Shinagawa-san's little brother right? But he told me he didn't have one. Maybe they don't get along? That's so sad," said the love hashira.

"Oh, they are? Why is that?" questioned Tanjiro.

"Well I have five siblings and I get along with all of them. I'm not too sure. I guess the Shinagawa brothers are just scary," said Mitsuri.

[lEt'S geT AlONg wITh eAcH oTheR]

[bUt MiCHi-nIi wHy dOEs hE hAvE tO cOMe?]

[iT'S oK, i'Ll jUsT hAnG oUT bY mYSelF]

Voices appeared in Yoriichi's head. Yoriichi knew who those voices belonged to. Before he didn't because he didn't know the truth or past back then, but now, he does. Every time past memories or the voices of the past flashed in his head, it was painful. Very painful. He wanted to grip his head in pain but he didn't. It would mean he's submitting to the past that brought him so much pain now. 'Sometimes I wished that I didn't lie every time Michikatsu wanted me and Yuta to hang out and get along. Maybe if I just tried harder and forced myself into Yuta's heart, then these problems wouldn't happen,'  thought Yoriichi.

To be continued...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Tashio Secret ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

- Mitsuri's hair is pink because she eats a lot of sakura mochi

- Mitsuri used to be very insecure about her eating so she was very happy when Tanjiro was impressed with her eating instead of judging her

- Memories and voices of the past appearing in Yoriichi's head are now casually thing for Yoriichi

_______________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone! I hope the chapter wasn't too boring for you.

I hope you have a marvellous day/evening/night!
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life.
ILY all SM for staying and reading my fanfic!

Manhwa recommendation: The world's best engineer 

Idiotic lazyass author-san/chan/kun/whatever out ✌ peace

See you all next chapter! <3333