Chapter 39- Sold

"Um, how exactly are we going to do this?" asked Tanjiro.

"Well we're gonna be disguised of course. And as much as I hate the idea, be plain. You guys will just have to do a certain something and infiltrate. My three wives are top of the line female shinobi, kunoichi. We believe that the flower district is an ideal place for a demon to lurk. When I infiltrated as a customer, I couldn't find any traces. So because of that, we went a bit deeper than mere customers. We've narrowed the suspicious stores down to four, so you guys will look for my wives in three of the four of them and gather intel. 'Suma' in the 'Tokito' house, 'Makio' in 'Ogimoto' house and 'Hinatsuri' in the 'Kyougoku' house. The last house is the 'Ukimi' house." Uzui explained holding up four fingers.

"Aren't your wives dead already?" commented Inosuke only to receive a punch in the stomach.

"We brought the necessary items over." said two workers.

"Thanks." said Uzui.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[The [Yoshiwara red light district]. The night district where the lust and warms of men and women swirl in a storm of love and hate. The red light district is called the 'flower district' because as the name implies, this part of the city is shaped like a flower. 

The prostitutes living her are either in poverty or sold due to loans. They bare a lot of hardships. But in exchange, they are guaranteed the necessities of life. If they can make their way up as prostitutes, they could potentially be apart of a wealthy family by being bought out.

 The most prominent amongst them, the 'oiran', are completely different all together. They are special women who acquired everything: beauty, education, performance. You can't simply meet a high ranking oiran. To have an audience with them, men have to frequently visit the red light district, as if they were competing with each other.]

"Oh, dear me. These girls are too ugly. Not at our place. We just bought a new girl a few days ago, so I'm sorry." said the old man.

"Well maybe one is ok." said the old woman.

"Well then I'll entrust one to you. Sorry ma'am." said Uzui who now had his hair down, with no makeup(or whatever the marks on his face are) and wearing different clothes.

"Then we'll take the one in the middle. She seems so honest." said the lady.

"I'll work hard!" exclaimed Tanjiro who had ugly makeup on like Inosuke and Zenitsu.

Tanjiro was sold and the other three walked away.

"You guys are so useless. I can only sell you guys for cheap." said Uzui angrily, "Yoriichi and Michikatsu actually got sold for a lot more at the Ukimi house, then there's you guys who no one wants to buy."

"I'm not going to talk to you." said Zenitsu angrily.

"You made because I made you dress like a girl? You were the one who said that you'd listen to whatever I say." said Uzui.

'I don't care about dressing like a girl. It's your face. You have a normal male face. Give me a break.'  Zenitsu mentally complained.

"Hey look there's people gathering over there!"

"Ah. It's an oiran parade. It's 'Koinatsu oiran' from the 'Tokito house'. The highest rank oiran is going to greet her customers. In any case, she's flamboyant. She has many people following her." explained Uzui.

"Wife!? is that beauty your wife?! She's too much! Is all three of your wives beautiful?!" yelled Zenitsu getting up in Uzui's face.

"Too close! She's not my wife! You'll tell because their names are on the lists." Uzui snatched Zenitsu away from his face.