Chapter 57- The slayer mark

"Michikatsu-kun," smiled Hizu. "are you really not going to go with me?"

"My family and friends are waiting for me," Michikatsu replied.

"Have you already replaced Yuta-kun and I that fast?"

"It's not fast considering how it's been about over 400 years."

"Over 400 years but we can't go back to how we were back then however you and Yoriichi can?" Hizu seemed irritated.

"If you had just continued to live as a human, maybe we can go back to how things were, but you convinced Yuta to become a demon and made him hungry for revenge. But, do you really want to go back to how we were back then?" Michikatsu asked.

"I do. Of course I do," smiled Hizu.

"Then..." Michikatsu walked up to Hizu and placed a bottle in his hand, "let's become humans together then."

Hizu's smile immediately faded. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After everything ended, Hagenezuka had lost an arm but he was still in high spirits. The swordsmiths had to change location in case of another attack and they had found out that Nezuko could make contact with the sun like Michikatsu and Hizu.

When Michikatsu arrived, everything had ended already so he just carried Yoriichi's unconscious body back.

[With Muzan]

"Hey Michael Jackson, I have a surprise for you~" Hizu said happily.

"What. Do. You. Want?" Muzan glared, ignoring the 'Michael Jackson' part.

"Whoa whoa there, no need to glare so hard. I came here with good news to surprise you with. That demon girl with the kid that you wanted to kill, is able to walk in the sun. You know what that means right?" smirked Hizu.

Muzan's glare then vanished and his frown was replaced with a wide grin. Two woman then came in the room when they were immediately killed by Hizu. He was fast.

"You know you should've killed the humans in this house earlier. I find it kind of annoying that I can't just walk through the front door and have to come in by the window like a thief," Hizu complained.

"I don't care. You always appear by the window anyways. But that girl being able to walk in the sun is good news. If I consume her, then there's no need to find the blue spider lily," Muzan said with a huge smile.

"Good for you I guess but I do have to ask, why don't you just go after Michikatsu? He's a demon and he can walk in the sun too. He's just like her. If you just went for him, then you'd be able to walk in the sun much earlier," asked Hizu.

"Because if he works under me then I'll be able to have a strong soldier," answered Muzan.

"You made the kizuki 12 for a reason. We're strong too," Hizu pointed out.

"If you're so strong then why do you keep dying? Why do I have to replace you so often? Your powers will not be able to beat Kokushibo's power if he was able to train properly."

"Who this 'Kokushibo'?" questioned Hizu.

"After he works under me, he will have to abandon his humanity including his human name. It will be replaced by the name 'Kokushibo'," answered Muzan.

'Why do I feel like that was how things were really meant to go?'  thought Hizu.

[At the Ubuyashiki estate]

That day, Oyakata called a meeting for the hashiras. Instead of Oyakata speaking, it was Amane, his wife who spoke instead because his condition had been getting worse. She explained that Muzan's goal is to conquer the sun and that he would most likely be going after Nezuko now that she is able to walk in the sun. 

"Then why hasn't he targeted Michikatsu-kun then?" asked Mitsuri.

"We think it's because it's related to the goal that Kibutsuji had in the past. In the past about over 400 years ago he tried to turn Tsugikuni Michikatsu into a demon but failed after Tsugikuni Michikatsu killed himself," explained Amane.

"Why specifically him?" asked Iguro.

"We are unsure why but since it's Kibutsuji, we think that it's because Michikatsu-kun would became a very strong demon," answered Amane.

After, she explained that there's a mark is called a 'slayer' mark that gives the user power in exchange for their life line since slayers who had it in the past never survived past 25 year old. 

"And now, the first person who awakened this mark is not any of the hashiras here, but Kamado Yoriichi and Kamado Tanjiro. We asked but they either had a hard time to explain how to receive a mark or said nothing. We had also found out that two hashiras had received the mark. Kanroji Mitsuri and Tokito Muichiro. Kanroji-san, Tokito-san, please enlighten us," said Amane. 

"It was like baduum and durrr and budaah! Then my heart went badum badum and my ears went screee. And tinkle tankle too!" exclaimed Mitsuri.

Everyone went silent. Iguro even face palming. 

"I am sorry I will go hide in a hole now," Mitsuri bowed, apologising. She was the same type of person as Tanjiro.

"I wasn't aware of any marks," Muichiro spoke. "But looking back on the battle, I became aware that the way of things became different. If you fulfil these conditions then you might get the mark. I'll now fill you in," said Muichiro.

And that was how the training for slayers run by hashiras started.

To be continued...

___________________________________________________________________
Hello everyone, I hope the chapter wasn't too boring for you.

Have a good day/evening/night everyone
Stay safe, have fun and enjoy life
Thank you for reading my fanfic

Idiotic lazyass author-san/chan/kun/whatever out ✌ peace

See you all next chapter