Chapter 20- Inside the house

"I don't smell anything at all but can you hear the sound? It seems like it's coming over there! Seems like we're going to be working together in the future as well."

'Sound?.......Who's there?!'

_______________________________________________________

"Kids." said Yoriichi spotting two children hugging each other who both looked terrified. 

"What's going on with them?" wondered Tanjiro. Walking over to the kids, Tanjiro asked, "What are you doing here?".

The older brother just stared at Tanjiro with a frightened expression shown on his face, hugging his younger sister. 'Seems like they've been through quite a shock.'  thought Yoriichi.

Tanjiro suddenly got an idea. "Tada! A sparrow in my palm." said Tanjiro opening his palm to show Chuntaro (Zenitsu's sparrow).

"Chrip chiro chirp!"

"Cute right?" asked Tanjiro.

The two siblings both stumbled onto the ground.

"What happened over there? Is that your house?" questioned Tanjiro.

"No it's not." the older brother replied. "It's the home....of a monster. Our older brother was taken by the monster when we were traveling during the night. The monster ignored us and only took our brother away."

"That monster is in that house over there?" asked Yoriichi.

"Yes yes."

"So the two of you followed the monster all the way here. That's quite impressive. Are you guys strong?" asked Tanjiro.

"W-we were following our brother's blood trails. He's bleeding." answered the brother.

'Injured!!'  thought Yoriichi and Tanjiro alarmed, while Michikatsu furrowed his eyebrows inside his box.

"Don't worry we'll definitely save your brother." Tanjiro ressured the siblings.

"R-really? You're not lying right? asked the little girl.

"Of course. Don't worry." replied Yoriichi.

"Yoriichi, Tanjiro." Zenitsu spoke up."There's a sound that keeps ringing. It's feels uncomfortable... Is that a drum?"

"Sound? I can't hear anything. What about you nii-san?" asked Tanjiro looking over to Yoriichi.

"I can't hear anything either. You must have a good sense of hearing." said Yoriichi.

Suddenly, a man fell from inside the house all bloody.

"Ah! Don't look!" Tanjiro covered the sibling's eyes.

"Are you alright sir?" asked Yoriichi walking up to the man.

"I finally.....got out. Ah. Finally got out...outside. Am I gonna die?" the man lost consciousnes.

Then, a growl was heard inside the house. 'He's dead already. He must've gone through a lot inside that house.'  thought Yoriichi.

"Zenitsu, Tanjiro, let's go." Yoriichi called.

That made Zenitsu jump shaking violently with a scared look on his face.

"I see, I understand." said Tanjiro turning away.

"Ah don't look at me like that I'll come along ok!" Zenitsu hugged Tanjiro's torso. 

"It's ok. We don't plan on forcing you." said Yoriichi.

"We're leaving these boxes here in case something happens. No matter what happens, they will protect you both. They mean a lot to us so please be careful with them. Don't open the box no matter what unless if something really bad happens." Yoriichi instructed the kids who nodded their heads.