Chapter 34- Tsugikuni Yoriichi awaken and the strange demon Hizu

"Ah Yoriichi-kun! So happy that you remember me. Where's Michikatsu? Oh there he is. Are you making him die because of you again?" Hizu glared, switching moods in a blink of an eye.

'What? I don't understand what he means.' Tanjiro was beyond confused.

"Oh, you must be Kamado Tanjiro-kun. Nice yo meet you... I'm Michikatsu-kun's best friend and the partner of his brother."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tanjiro's eyes widened, 'Does that mean that Yori-niisan and 'Katsu-niichan are working with Muzan?!' thought Tanjiro.

"Yoriichi-kun, Michikatsu-kun, do you mind explaining?" asked Kyojuro.

"Oh sorry I must've confused you, that was my fault. What I meant is I'm 'Tsugikuni Michikatsu's' best friend and the partner of 'Tsugikuni Yuta'. There shouldn't be any reason to say anymore after all... killing you first would make things easier for me." Hizu's lips curved into a smirk, his eyes glowing red.

"Are you done talking? You're the one who told me that we're not here to chat with the enemy but you're doing the same." said Akaza.

"This is different Akaza. Muzan also has a similar goal to me." Hizu glared at he pink haired demon.

"I was just trying to get a sparing partner for me and a strong demon for Muzan-sama. Muzan-sama wouldn't mind anyways." smiled Akaza.

Yoriichi decided to take this chance to try and cut the two, but Hizu already knew what he was trying to do. 

"Akaza, take care of them." Hizu ordered Akaza.

"Destructive kill: Compass needle. If you won't become a demon, then I'll kill you!" declared Akaza.

"Flame breathing; first form: Sea of fire"

'I can't follow them with my eyes!'  Tanjiro was bewildered by the two's speed.

"Now that the hashira is gone, how should I deal with you?" Hizu turned to the others.

Yoriichi pointed his sword at Hizu with a serious expression.

"Are you really going to try to go at me?" asked Hizu.

"I won't let you do whatever you please like last time." said Yoriichi.

"But you do know why you couldn't do anything while I did whatever I wanted right? It's because you're weak Yoriichi. You can't even  land a hit on me so what makes you think you can stop me?" questioned Hizu.

"I've grown stronger since then."

"Then can you protect Michikatsu-kun then?" Hizu suddenly appeared in front of Michikatsu.

"Thunder breathing; first form: Thunder flash and clap!" Zenitsu appeared in front of Hizu and slashed him on the arm.

Hizu looked shocked at what just happened before his expression turned into an amused one.

"A thunder breathe user huh? You're quite fast however, it seems that you can only use the first form. You're incomplete." Hizu appeared on Zenitsu's right side and kicked him away.

"Zenitsu!" screamed Tanjiro.

"It seems that you're still as slow as ever Yoriichi. Michikatsu-kun might actually die because of you again if you'll stay this weak forever." said Hizu wiping his arm.

Yoriichi grit his teeth knowing that Hizu was right. Even if he had gotten stronger, he was slow, too slow to save Michikatsu. There was no point in being strong if you can't even touch your opponent who was as fast as light.