─ ⁰⁰.GONE WITH THE BUS

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 *•. ┄┄

────── *•

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

The sky was pitch black, thousands of stars shimmering throughout it. The little town in the suburbs of England was eery silent. Rarely a car would pass through the worn-out roads or a person walk by the cobblestone street. In reality, the only sounds that could be heard were those of the nature surrounding the small town. Those and, of course, the sounds of a crying baby, just outside the stone steps of the church.

Wrapped in a light mint green quilt, the baby was laying inside a shabby-looking cardboard box. The cries of the baby, as loud as they were, were not enough to catch the attention of anyone in the neighborhood—well, that is except the pastor of the church, who had stayed later that night to take care of some paperwork. Thus, the baby was heard and as the pastor stumbled out of the front doors of the church and set eyes on the heartbreaking sight, he sighed. He took the baby in his arms and brought it to the town's orphanage. 

That was how Julie Stone came to be. Julie in honor of the month of July, or furthermore, the month when she was found. Stone, due to the fact that she was found on the stone steps of the church. Really original. Right? Either way, her name was one more thing that reminded Julie of the fact that she was alone and that her family wasn't there; which sucked, mind you, but that didn't mean Julie was sad or lived an unhappy life, per se.

Julie grew up in the orphanage, she was left in as a baby, surrounded by kids of all ages. She had many friends and was an easy-going person. Few didn't like her and it was only because of her bluntness—a quality Julie praised. She had to learn to fend for herself the best she could. She was studious—to some extent—because she believed that academics were her way out of that orphanage, and small town. She procrastinated a lot, but was smart by default, she guessed. Julie also didn't have a problem standing up for herself or say what others were thinking. In other words, she was particularly blunt which may have been due to not having a filter (called parents) growing up.

Through the years growing up she watched as her friends were adopted or just ran away from the orphanage. Julie however didn't want any of that. She didn't want a new family. She wanted her family. She couldn't just go with someone who was taking her out of pity or whatnot. She also wouldn't run away because then she wouldn't have much of a future. The orphanage provided her with a bed, and food, and education—and she was grateful for it. However, once she turned sixteen, Julie started working in the movie theater of the small town to make a living for herself. She would also get other small jobs here and there to gain extra money, all the while balancing that with her studies and free time. No way in hell wouldn't she have free time. She valued her free time way too much.

Julie Stone used her free time with three main things:

Movies; which she loved profoundly. 

Books; which she also loved profoundly (depending on which one). 

And hanging out with her remaining friends in the orphanage. 

The first one she did a lot during work hours. She would hide away in the projection room and watch the movies from there. That or on her phone. Books she would buy in the bookstore the town had. She was a fan of fiction, mainly because it allowed her to escape reality, and honestly, she was a huge Potterhead. Not the ones who buy the merchandising and shit. She was truly fascinated by the wizarding world J.K. Rowling created. That and some characters were worth taking a liking to. Lastly, she loved to hang out with friends. She didn't have a specific group of friends, but every time she would hang out with someone she had the most fun. They usually would go to the lake near the town and swim, or just prank the townspeople. Now that was fun.

Once she and one of her friends, Masey, went up on the roof of a random building and began to throw water balloons filled with paint at the people in town. Meanwhile, another two kids would be shouting in the street, at random people who weren't hit, blaming them for throwing the balloons. One time, Julie and another friend named Caleb, decided to start a manifestation fighting for the cows' rights so they could have free will in handing out their milk. It didn't go all too well and the mob that formed with other kids was dispersed by a really tired-looking officer who paid them to be quiet.

All in all, Julie's life was mundane. It wasn't the best but it could be way worse. But Julie's life was about to get twisted in ways she couldn't possibly imagine. 

When she was seventeen and in her last year of high school, Julie had an accident. If you're assuming it was dramatic, you're wrong. It wasn't dramatic, at all. It was kind of ridiculous if you asked her. She did die, but that's another problem. Julie Stone was on her way to work, riding her pink bike—that the orphanage had in storage and the only means of transportation she had; when a kid came tumbling out of a house, making her steer away from him and subsequently not kill him. That turn she made, was just in time to catch a bus. Literally. She turned in time for the bus to hit her and just like that, Julie Stone was no more. Nada. Hasta la vista. Gone with the bus. See what I did there? The thing that matters most, was that Julie Stone died. Now if that's the end of the story you're wrong. If you read the title this is just a prologue. Duh.

⚡︎