─ ¹⁰. WE HEARD A VEELA SQUEAL

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟎 *•. ┄┄

𝐠𝐨𝐝𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐣𝐮𝐬𝐭 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

After having promptly accepted Fred's proposal on the condition that he would keep on living Hermione's energies had drained and she had spent the following couple of days in a deep slumber.

Fred and Sirius would take turns in staying with her because as soon as she was alone Hermione's body started trembling and trashing, and the blood-curling screams she let out were painful enough to fill the nightmares of every person in Shell Cottage. Hermione's body still jerked away from the touch of anyone who wasn't her father or Fred—or when given the chance her mother, who had already been properly introduced to Fred (though the latter passed out next to Hermione the first time she had appeared out of nowhere). The others in the Cottage could do nothing but stare helplessly at Hermione as she slept.

After talking with Fred, everyone aware of Hermione's possible pregnancy had agreed on waiting for her to wake up to see if she had in fact lost the baby—though in the meanwhile Fleur did her best to keep the witch's body as strong as she could after Madam Pomfrey had stopped by and healed her past Fleur's capacities.

When she woke up Hermione was momentarily lost but as every memory rushed into her she had fallen into quiet sobs into her father's chest, the latter who could only hold her close to him as though she was a baby again and he was trying to ease her in his arms—though Sirius would do anything to change the nightmare Hermione had gotten through and properly rip Bellatrix's head off her body, a part of him felt pleased he could still fill the role of a father in her life.

After having calmed down, Sirius had helped her to the chair in the corner of the room after Hermione insisted she was sick of laying in bed and turning into Padfoot he lay at her feet while Hermione flipped through a magazine she had somewhere in her bag.

Hours later, Fred knocked on the door, and Padfoot growled at him making Fred groan. "Sirius, mate, I already told you I was sorry," he said while entering the room and smiling lovingly at Hermione who looked up at him with a frown.

"Sorry for what?" asked Hermione.

In one instance, Sirius had turned back and was promptly glaring at Fred. He held up one finger, and scrunched up his nose as though the mere words he was about to say made him nauseous, "Giving me the possibility of being a grandfather at bloody thirty-eight years of age," he held up another finger as Hermione's eyes widened, "Not even bothering to ask before proposing to my bloody daughter."