─ ¹⁴. YOU DON'T KNOW OLIVIA TAYLOR?!

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟒 *•. ┄┄

𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒐𝒏𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒂 𝒎𝒐𝒓𝒐𝒏

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"I'll bet you wish you hadn't given up Divination now, don't you, Hermione?" asked Parvati, smirking.

It was breakfast time a few days after the sacking of Professor Trelawney, and Parvati was curling her eyelashes around her wand and examining the effect in the back of her spoon—Hermione was watching in fascination as it was actually working and that would be a good trick for the future (maybe she should have a talk with Lavender and Parvati about makeup and see if she could figure it out. . . .). Anyway, they—as in, not Hermione—were to have their first lesson with Firenze that morning.

"Actually, yes," Hermione nodded solemnly and Ron snorted by her side.

"You're basically family, after all," he said and Hermione scowled as Harry busted out laughing. The others surrounding glanced weirdly at them.

After breakfast, Hermione departed to Arithmancy class where she met up with Blaise and Daphne. In that class, she was painfully reminded that O.W.L.s were occurring that year and that she should probably start studying for them. The thing was that this warning went on for the next weeks. As in, every Professor mentioned them at least once in their class.

If it had not been for Hermione's ability to get her mind off things, she would have probably. . . . Well, she would have done nothing anyway, but she would have a lot more free time in her hands.

One thing that actually made Hermione giddy was the fact that they had finally started work on Patronuses, which everybody had been very keen to practice. In her opinion, Hermione just wanted to see a room full of silvery mist and show off her abilities. Though as Harry kept reminding them, producing a Patronus in the middle of a brightly lit classroom when they were not under threat was very different from producing it when confronted by something like a dementor—Hermione rolled her eyes at this but didn't disagree so stayed quiet as opposed to Cho.

"Oh, don't be such a killjoy," said Cho brightly, watching her silvery swan-shaped Patronus soar around the Room of Requirement during their last lesson before Easter.

"They're so pretty!"

"They're not supposed to be pretty, they're supposed to protect you," said Harry patiently. "What we really need is a boggart or something; that's how I learned, I had to conjure a Patronus while the boggart was pretending to be a dementor—"

"But that would be really scary!" said Lavender, who was shooting puffs of silver vapor out of the end of her wand.

"And I still—can't—do it!" she added angrily.