─ ⁰². I CAN FINALLY TREAT YOU LIKE FAMILY

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐 *•. ┄┄

𝒊𝒏 𝒘𝒉𝒊𝒄𝒉 𝒆𝒗𝒆𝒓𝒚𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒈𝒐𝒆𝒔 𝒔𝒖𝒓𝒑𝒓𝒊𝒔𝒊𝒏𝒈𝒍𝒚 𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Hermione's head hurt like a bitch.

She felt as if she had been thrown under a bus again and brought back to life. Which wasn't far from the truth—well, except the bus part. In fact, she had been under horrific circumstances, in an unnecessary battle, passing through tumultuous mood swings, that made her contemplate the option of turning her humanity switch off. But then she remembered that was the wrong universe—who could blame her for wanting, anyway?

Now she was here, very much alive, as her stupid headache had proven, her eyes closed as she started to sense her surroundings. The smell of the hospital wing filled her nostrils along with the soft fabric of the bedsheets against her body. However, Hermione felt a weight on her legs and that was what it took for her to actually open her eyes.

Outside, she noted, as she looked through the window ahead, the sun was starting to rise, its rays and light lighting up the forest around Hogwarts. Hermione looked down and exhaled a laugh as she saw Padfoot curled up at the end of her bed.

The thing was, laughing wasn't the best idea, as her head throbbed at the sound. Hermione groaned and let her head fall back on the pillow as she felt movement at the end of the bed. In seconds Sirius had awakened and leaped out of the bed, promptly transforming into a human again, and sat down next to her on a wooden chair.

"Hey, easy there, Mia, " Sirius whispered he put a hand on her shoulder comfortingly, "How are you feeling?"

"Couldn't be better. . . ." Hermione said with a faint grin then frowned slightly. "Ice cream would be good though. And chocolate cake. . . ."

Sirius breathed out a relieved laugh at her comment as he brought her into a hug. Patting her head as Hermione hugged him back.

"I'm here, dad," Hermione whispered with a smile. Sirius nodded and pulled away from her his grin not faltering.

"How long have I been out?" Hermione asked him as she rubbed her eyes to get read of her sleepiness.

"A couple of days. . . . It's Sunday morning now," Sirius explained. "When we passed through the veil again we both passed out from exhaustion—I woke up yesterday. Apparently being brought back from the dead isn't as easy as it sounds."

"I never expected it to be a walk in a park. . . . . Wait!" Hermione said, her eyes bulging as she looked around the hospital wing and then back at her dad. "How come you're here?"