─ ⁰⁷. BEING RECKLESS IS GETTING OLD

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕 *•. ┄┄

𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐮𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝𝐬; 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐬𝐨 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Harry and Ron were both pacing on each side of the table they had set up in their tent as Hermione watched them sitting down at the end of the table a hand on her stomach as she felt nausea overcome her.

The sword of Gryffindor sat in the middle of the table. Hermione seemingly couldn't change the fact that the boys found it, even if they didn't need it anymore. It had gone just like in the book, the only difference was instead of finding Harry, Ron had already been with him when they were making their way to the town and found the Patronus of the doe. Only they found it much later on and it had been the sword that reminded Hermione of Malfoy Manor.

"Please stop pacing!" she barked at them and both boys came to a halt. "I'm getting nauseous just looking at you."

"Sorry, Dame," Harry muttered as he scratched his head and looked up at the ceiling thinking. "I just think if we are going to the Malfoy Manor we shouldn't just send Dobby or Kreacher to save the prisoners."

"I for one think we should," Hermione said, not wanting to get close to the Manor. She let a second hand go to her stomach as she felt sick. "They will be fine," Hermione gasped out before she ran from the chair and fell on her knees in front of the bin, emptying the contents of her stomach.

"Blimey, Mione! We won't pace anymore," Ron said as he and Harry ran to her side. Ron grabbed her hair back as Harry patted her back.

Hermione panted as she sat on the ground, wandlessly making the contents of the bin vanish. She looked up at her two best friends with a smile.

It had been two months and a couple of weeks since Christmas and it was March by now, they were less than a couple of months away from the final Battle.

Those two months had been different from the others. Hermione felt sicker and sicker after apparating and that had led them to choose and stay in the tent where they could properly ward off intruders so they wouldn't have to move around as much. Instead of apparating to nearing towns to continue their little missions, they would transform into their Animagi form and travel like that.

Harry and Ron had been growing worried for Hermione who seemed to be more guarded the last month or so. They often insisted she stay back or that only one of them should go or that they stayed back in the tent altogether. Thankfully though, Kreacher had been stopping by and bringing them food so they didn't have to worry about that.