─ ⁰⁵. LIKE A FAIRY GODMOTHER

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟓 *•. ┄┄

𝒕𝒂𝒍𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒍𝒆𝒂𝒗𝒆𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒊𝒑𝒑𝒐 𝒃𝒊𝒓𝒅𝒔

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

The following day Hermione was once again awoken from her slumber by the obnoxious and loud sound of her muggle alarm clock. Groaning, she swung her arm out of the bed, successfully shutting down the alarm clock. Afterward, she made herself—with much effort—get out of bed, and crawl over to the bathroom. As her roommates were already out and about, she didn't have to wait in line to take a quick shower. She got dressed, thanked God her robes were "accidentally" scorched, loosely tied her tie, and used a spell to shorten her skirt till mid-thigh. Instead of a vest or sweater, she grabbed her leather jacket, her bag, used her wand to put her hair up, picked up her camera, and off Hermione went.

She met up with Ron and Harry in the common room and together they made their way to the Great Hall. As they entered Hermione saw Dragon Malloy entertaining a group of snakes and impersonating a swooning fit making the others roar with laughter and Hermione scoff.

"Fucking arsehole," grumbled Hermione from behind Harry as they passed.

"Hey, Potter!" shrieked Pansy Parkinson, a Slytherin girl with a face like a pug. "Potter! Granger! The Dementors are coming, Granger and Potter! Woooooooooo!"

Hermione flipped them off as she, Ron, and Harry dropped into a seat at the Gryffindor table.

"New third-year course schedules," said George, passing them over and Hermione send him a thankful smile—because Harry and Ron were rude and didn't. "What's up with you, Harry?"

"Malfoy," said Ron, and Hermione scoffed.

"That little git," he said calmly. "He wasn't so cocky last night when the Dementors were down at our end of the train. Came running into our compartment, didn't he, Fred?"

"Nearly wet himself," said Fred, with a contemptuous glance at Malfoy.

"I wasn't too happy myself," said George. "They're horrible things, those Dementors. . . ."

"Sort of freeze your insides, don't they?" said Fred.

"You didn't pass out, though, did you?" said Harry in a low voice.

"For fucks sake Harold. You passed out. It's not a big deal," Hermione said in exasperation as she put the spoon she was serving herself with down. "You were getting your fucking soul sucked out."

"Hermione's right. . . . Forget it, Harry," said George bracingly. "Dad had to go out to Azkaban one time, remember, Fred? And he said it was the worst place he'd ever been, he came back all weak and shaking. . . . They suck the happiness out of a place, Dementors. Most of the prisoners go mad in there."