─ ¹⁰⁰. GONE WITH THE TRAIN

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄 *•. ┄┄

────── *•

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

10th September 1998

Hermione sat on hers and Fred's couch, a notebook in hand as she crossed names off her list. Fred and Hermione had been living together since a month or so after the war had ended. They bought themselves a house in Godric's Hollows, where they had decided to start a community—Harry had been restoring his parents' old house, even after discovering the existence of Potter Manor ("It's too big, if I can grow up in a cupboard under the stairs, my kids can grow up in a bloody normal sized house with rooms for everyone. Certainly not a manor," he had said promptly, and Hermione had laughed—Harry and Ginny hadn't even talked about getting married and the former was already thinking of bloody kids. They decided they would use it to reunite everyone for the holidays.).

For the last few months, Hermione's stomach kept getting bigger and because of overprotective, fathers, boyfriends, and friends, she could do less and less manual labor every day. That meant she couldn't help as much as she would like in restoring Hogwarts to its glory days; though it had already been finished as another year in Hogwarts began.

Ginny had gone back to school, and Hermione had promptly decided she would not be going back even if she might need her N.E.W.T.S. She hadn't decided yet what she wanted to do, but she always had a position in the Ministry as an Auror or anything really without the N.E.W.T.S since she had a hand in saving the world and whatnot. Besides, she was about to pop out a baby in a couple of weeks.

Harry took the Auror offer and began studying for the position; Sirius had been reinstated as an Auror and was beginning to climb the ladder rather quickly, with Moody being retired there was really no one to stop him by whacking him with a cane. Hermione was quite surprised though when Ron announced he would be finishing his N.E.W.T.S in the States—he didn't want to go back to Hogwarts and in the US he had the means to have his N.E.W.T.S as well as a good education of wandless magic and understanding of it.

Remus had been reinstated as the DADA professor at Hogwarts and the twins continued to run their shop that had been booming with ferocity since the war—thus why they had been able to afford the house together (Hermione had her mother's money) and move out of the beloved flat.

Hermione's mind drifted back to the list in her hands as a crack of apparition sounded behind her. Straining her neck over the couch she saw Fred grinning at her, dressed in Magenta robes from the shop. He walked over to her, placing a kiss on her forehead, and snorted at her list. "Canis? Really? And you say my ideas are bad," he said in amusement as Hermione scowled at him.

"Georgina Fabiana Black-Weasley?" Hermione asked incredulously.

Fred gave her a cheeky smirk and sat down, putting her legs over his lap, leaned forward to her stomach that was nearly bursting, and kissed her skin. "How's it going in there, Georgina?"