─ ⁰⁷. THE MAJORITY OF THEM ARE ALREADY INBRED

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟕 *•. ┄┄

𝒑𝒍𝒂𝒏𝒔 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒌𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒆𝒅 𝒐𝒇𝒇 𝒐𝒇 𝒉𝒊𝒈𝒉 𝒉𝒐𝒓𝒔𝒆𝒔

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"Are you listening, Mimi?"

The last day of summer holidays had arrived and with it, the feeling of impending doom had started to rise over Hermione. She was dreading the following years, not wanting to face them.

She was happy at the moment. She was immensely enjoying her freedom, being with her parents and friends, being able to do whatever she wanted without worrying if someone was going to catch her and kill her. She liked the feeling, the feeling that darkness wasn't always upon them. The fact that she was able to travel without worrying or that she could just stay in her boyfriend's apartment and only worry if her dad would catch her.

But Hermione knew that the following years would be far from that. They would be harsh on her, pushing Hermione along with her friends to the limits. And Hermione wasn't ready for that, but she was trying to be. She had even started to plan for the future, as much as she didn't like to plan. Seeing her cousin Draco in Knockturn Alley when they visited the twin's shop, had knocked her off her high horse, and she just knew that they had to be ready for what's to come.

They had met earlier that day in Madam Malkin's and though the Malfoys weren't pleasant, Narcissa took to nodding at Hermione, before the mother and son left the store, as they noticed the trio come in. Hermione watched them descend the street, her eyebrows furrowed and only saw as Draco sent her a desperate look before looking away—something that surprised her a lot, but she figured that was his way of asking for help? Either way, things were starting to get serious.

So she started preparing because if she didn't they would probably die in the first week.

The first thing she did—and it was actually Regulus's idea—was to pay a visit to Gringotts. When Regulus suggested the idea, Annora had jumped onto the train and announced that Hermione had access to another vault in the bank other than the Black one. After all, being the sole heiress of the Hale fortune, Hermione was able to access it—and she needn't be of age, seeing as with the whole time-turner mishap she had gained another year, and even if according to the Ministry she was still sixteen, the Goblins would know that wasn't the case.

The Hales were a really wealthy family from the states, and their sole heir after his older brother died, Edmund Hale, and his girlfriend's soon-to-be wife, Olivia Hale fled to the United Kingdom due to an accidental pregnancy that would be frowned upon back home. When Edmund and his parents died the fortune was passed along to Annora. Being that Olivia managed the safe until she was of age. And now, with Annora gone too, Hermione was the sole heiress.