─ ¹⁸. I SHOT ONE WITH A CROSSBOW

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟖 *•. ┄┄

𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐚𝐬𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Everybody got up late on Boxing Day. The Gryffindor common room was much quieter than it had been lately, many yawns punctuating the lazy conversations.

Ron and Harry wasted no time in telling Hermione about the conversation they had overheard between Madame Maxime and Hagrid, but Hermione didn't seem to find the news that Hagrid was a half-giant nearly as shocking as Ron did.

"Duh," she said, shrugging. "Did you really think two humans could give a baby his side? It's as obvious as Remy being a furry little beast," Hermione said rolling her eyes and they snorted.

It was time now to think of the homework they had neglected during the first week of the holidays. Everybody seemed to be feeling rather flat now that Christmas was over— or as Hermione liked to describe it, blah.  She had so much homework piled on that was almost everything she did now. That and spending time with friends and her mom.

Her mom. Hermione never thought the day would come when she would be able to say that. And Annora Hale was a wicked mom. She was an outgoing person, just like Hermione but apparently only with the people she was friends with; otherwise, she would seem unapproachable and quiet, whatever that meant). Hermione just wished she had grown up with her. That she had been raised by her and whoever her dad was. Because if her mother would have a kid with him that meant he must be wickedly cool too.

She had also been introduced to Evan Rosier and Marlene McKinnon, two people who were really important to her parents (yes, parents) and that, unfortunately, died during the first war; and now that she knew of them and had a connection (because technically she already knew them) she could indeed see them.

Evan was a blond bloke with pretty blue eyes with so much sass in him you'd think he would die — maybe that's an exaggeration. . . . Well, he did die; but for a totally different reason. He and Reg were apparently somewhat of cousins and bickered to no end. Her mum butting in every other second. It was amusing to watch, really. Marlene or Marls had dirty blond hair and honey-brown eyes. She was wickedly sweet but the sarcasm with her beat the kindness out. She had been spending more and more time with dead people, and the idea of her becoming insane hadn't even crossed her mind (that tells us something about her, huh?)

Anyway, snow was still thick upon the grounds — which was unfortunate cause Hermione didn't see a lightning storm coming anytime soon and she desperately wanted one; for obvious reasons —, and the greenhouse windows were covered in condensation so thick that they couldn't see out of them in Herbology. Nobody was looking forward to Care of Magical Creatures much in this weather, though as Ron said, the skrewts would probably warm them up nicely, either by chasing them, or blasting off so forcefully that Hagrid's cabin would catch fire.