─ ¹². SO WHAT'S THE PLAN?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟐 *•. ┄┄

𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐨𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Since the moment they had arrived in Hogsmead, she didn't have time to properly think. They had been greeted by Neville who didn't waste time to take them to the Room of Requirement. Hermione had assured everyone everything would be fine after Fred, George, Ginny, and Lee Jordan arrived. She insisted the younger kids in the room start to be evacuated and then Harry, Ron, and she slipped out of the room and walked to the Chamber of Secrets by the secret passageway in the room.

Luckily for them, they didn't end too far from the bathroom, so getting to the Chamber of Secrets was easy enough—though Hermione had a basilisk fang and poison with her, she wasn't about to destroy a piece of Voldemort's soul in a school full of students. 

The three of them didn't even bother to make their way to the actual chamber. As soon as they got to the room Ron and Lockhart had been stuck in, Harry put the Horcrux on the ground and Hermione handed a basilisk fang to Ron. "Go on, Parson."

Ron had nodded hesitantly but took the fang and took but a second to smash it onto the cup. Hermione cast a Protego Charm just as the cloud of vicious smoke was let out, not wanting it anywhere near the baby growing inside her. But soon it was gone, and though Ron was mildly shaking he looked up at them with a grim grin. "Only two left."

They had left the Chamber by broomstick and quietly made their way out of the bathroom and onto the dark hallways of Hogwarts.  But that was when things turned sour and they were met by the Carrows who unfortunately called Voldemort—which if Hermione thought about was actually fortunate; everything was going accordingly (that didn't do much for her nerves). Luckily McGonagall came to their rescue and after Snape had promptly fled—leaving Hermione with a pit of guilt in her as she thought about his death—she had urged everyone to meet in the Great Hall. They were to defend the castle. They were to fight.

In an instant, McGonagall had drafted a plan, and soon Hermione, Ron, and Harry were able to go back to the Room of Requirement.

It was packed, far more crowded than when they had last been in there. The Order and extras had arrived.

"What's happening?" said Remus.

"They're evacuating the younger kids and everyone's meeting in the Great Hall to get organized," Harry said. "We're fighting."

There was a great roar and a surge toward the stairs of the passage. Theo and Blaise passed by Hermione with small smiles. The crowd was thinning. Only a little knot of people remained below in the Room of Requirement, and Harry, Ron, and Hermione joined them. Mrs. Weasley was struggling with Ginny. Around them stood Sirius, Remus, Fred, George, Bill and Fleur.

"You're underage!" Mrs. Weasley shouted at her daughter as they approached. "I won't permit it! The boys, yes, but you, you've got to go home!"

"I won't!"

Ginny's hair flew as she pulled her arm out of her mother's grip.

"I'm in Dumbledore's Army—"

"A teenagers' gang!"

"A teenagers' gang that's about to take him on, which no one else has dared to do!" said Fred.

"She's sixteen!" shouted Mrs. Weasley. "She's not old enough! What you two were thinking bringing her with you—"

Fred and George looked slightly ashamed of themselves.

"Mom's right, Ginny," said Bill gently. "You can't do this. Everyone underage will have to leave, it's only right."

"I can't go home!" Ginny shouted, angry tears sparkling in her eyes. "my whole family's here, I can't stand waiting there alone and not knowing and—"

Her eyes met Harry's for the first time. She looked at him beseechingly, but he shook his head and she turned away bitterly.

"Fine," she said, staring at the entrance to the tunnel back to the Hog's Head. "I'll say goodbye now, then, and—"

There was a scuffling and a great thump. Someone else had clambered out of the tunnel, overbalanced slightly, and fallen. He pulled himself up no the nearest chair, looked around through lopsided horn-rimmed glasses, and said, "Am I too late? Has it started. I only just found out, so I—I—"

Percy spluttered into silence. Evidently, he had not expected to run into most of his family. There was a long moment of astonishment, broken by Fleur turning to Remusand saying, in a wildly transparent attempt to break the tension. "So—ow eez leetle Teddy?"

Remus blinked at her, startled. The silence between the Weasleys seemed to be solidifying, like ice.

"I—oh yes—he's fine!" Remus said loudly. "yes, Tonks is with him—at her mother's—"

Percy and the other Weasleys were still staring at one another, frozen. Hermione and Sirius exchanged a look, they were close to bursting out laughing only to ease the tension.

"Here, I've got a picture?" Moony shouted, pulling a photograph from inside his jacket and showing it to Fleur and the other three, who saw a tiny baby with a tuft of bright turquoise hair, waving fat fists at the camera.