─ *•. PREQUEL SAMPLE

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐒 *•. ┄┄

(Read the Author's note at the bottom of thechapter

chapter. I will be explaining some things!)

*•. chapter one .•*

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Annora was sure that the sneaky little sun rays, soaring through the white curtains of her room, and hitting her square in the face, progressively making her eyelids burn off, were a sign her father was giving her from above. Thus, groaning, she opened her eyes and glared back at the damned sun.

That was probably not the brightest idea, as soon, her eyes were burning and as she blinked, her vision was blurred and covered by back swirls and dots.

Finally able to get rid of the black blurs covering her sight, from her place on her bed, her curly blonde hair sprawled upon the pillow like a halo, and her limbs looking as if they were in a brawl with the sheets and lost, Annora lazily turned her head to the side, looking over at her muggle alarm clock.

She blinked.

And, as if the time displayed by big red numbers on the screen of the black alarm clock had just registered in her brain, Annora shrieked.

In her defense, though, she had just fallen out of bed. On the other hand. . . . that was due to her jumping in surprise, startled by the time, and ending up on the floor beside her bed, her hair covering her face and one leg tangling in the air.

Annora huffed, blowing her hair out of her face and sweeping it aside with one hand as she detangled her leg from the bedsheets, quickly scrambling to her knees in front of her nightstand and snatching the muggle alarm clock to her.

10:15 am

"Holy mother of Quodpot!" Annora cursed, climbing up to her feet and putting the clock down hastily.

"Mom!" Annora shrieked as she bolted from her room, running a couple of steps needed to her mother's room and bursting the door open.

"What?" her mother said, her voice muffled by the fact her face was buried in the pillow, she, too, looked as if she lost a fight with the bedding.

"It's a quarter past!" Annora said, her voice getting high-pitched.

"Past what?" Olivia grumbled through her pillow.

"Ten!"

A few seconds was all Annora had to wait before her words were able to make sense in her mother's brain. But once they did—

"Holy—ARGGHHH!"

Like Annora, Olivia had jumped in the air, missing the mattress on the way down and promptly falling off the bed with a screech.