─ ⁰⁸. DON'T YOU THINK, BELLA?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟖 *•. ┄┄

𝐟𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐚 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐛𝐚𝐜𝐤

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

They Disapparated, pulling the prisoners with them. Hermione felt her magic slip onto her stomach as they did so, and as they did she had to try hard not to throw up.

The prisoners lurched into one another as they landed in a country lane.

One of the Snatchers strode to the gates and shook them.

"How do we get in? They're locked, Greyback, I can't—blimey!"

He whipped his hands away in fright. The iron was contorting, twisting itself out of the abstract furls and coils into a frightening face, which spoke in a clanging, echoing voice. "State your purpose!"

"We've got Potter and Black!" Greyback roared triumphantly. "We've captured Harry Potter and Hermione Black!"

The gates swung open.

"Come on!" said Greyback to his men, and the prisoners were shunted through the gates and up the drive, between high hedges that muffled their footsteps. Hermione saw a ghostly white shape above him and rolled her eyes as she saw the albino peacock. The prisoners were pushed over gravel.

Light spilled out over all of them.

"What is this?" said the cold voice of Narcissa Malfoy who glanced at Hermione, and for a split second she looked terrified.

"We're here to see He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named!" rasped Greyback.

"Who are you?"

"You know me!" There was resentment in the werewolf's voice. "Fenrir Greyback! We've caught Harry Potter and Hermione Black!"

Greyback seized Harry and dragged him around to face the light, forcing the other prisoners to shuffle around too. And then grabbed Hermione's arm, claws digging into her skin, and jerked her towards them. Hermione cursed under her breath.

"I know 'es swollen, ma'am, but it's 'im!" piped up Scabior. "If you look a bit closer, you'll see 'is scar. And this 'ere, see the girl? Then, she's Black, who's been traveling around with 'im, ma'am. There's no doubt it's 'im, and we've got 'is wand as well! 'Ere, ma'am ."

Hermione saw Narcissa Malfoy scrutinizing Harry's swollen face. Scabior thrust the blackthorn wand at her. She raised her eyebrows.

"Bring them in," she said.

Hermione, Harry, and the others were shoved and kicked up broad stone steps into a hallway lined with portraits.

"Follow me," said Narcissa, leading the way across the hall. "My son, Draco, is home for his Easter holidays. If that is Harry Potter, he will know."