─ ⁰⁴. DON'T FREAK OUT

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒 *•. ┄┄

𝑎 𝑝𝑟𝑖𝑧𝑒 𝑜𝑛 𝑡𝑤𝑜 ℎ𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑠

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

Hermione and Fred returned to the wedding sometime later, and Fred immediately swept Hermione away into the dance floor, the two dancing together as if no one was watching them, just enjoying each other's company.

"Will you care for a drink, m'lady?" Fred asked dramatically as he approached Hermione with two glasses of champagne, a smile on his face sometime after they had tired of dancing. Hermione couldn't help her lips tugging up and nodded.

But before Fred could pass her the glass, right at that moment, something large and silver came falling through the canopy over the dance floor. Graceful and gleaming, the lynx landed lightly in the middle of the astonished dancers. Heads turned, as those nearest, it froze, absurdly, in mid-dance. Then the Patronus's mouth opened wide and it spoke in the loud, deep, slow voice of Kingsley Shacklebolt.

"The Ministry has fallen. Scrimgeour is dead. They are coming."

Hermione's eyes widened and she turned to see Fred's face drain from color, accidentally dropping the glasses he was holding, causing the glass to shatter on the floor and splash around them, soaking their feet with champagne. "It's happening," Hermione whispered, her eyes stinging with threatening tears as she looked at him.

"You'll be okay," Fred assured her, swallowing hard and quickly pulling her close, swooping down for a stolen kiss. "I love you," he said, pulling away from her, just as the panic settled and people started running around, trying to Disapparate from the Burrow.

"I love you," Hermione replied, before pulling him down and letting a spell graze past their heads, as masked figures began appearing in the crowd. Then they heard Sirius, Remus, and Tonks, their wands raised, and heard them shout 'Protego!', a cry that was echoed on all sides.

Hermione threw one more glance at Fred, who was now holding his wand tightly, and with a nod from him, she sent him a small panicked smile and scattered away, looking for her two best friends in the crowd, as she dodged spells and fired back against the Death Eaters.

"Prongslet! Parson!" she called into the marquee. With her shout, Harry and Ron turned and with panicked looks came sprinting to where she was. Hastily grabbing her arms or shoulder, Ron and Harry made sure they were in contact with her as Hermione turned on her heel and Disapparated from the Burrow with a Crack!

They landed in the middle of a white room, that if it wasn't for the couch and little kitchen would've been bare of anything. There wasn't a single item of decoration on the walls or the counters, and as for color, apart from the marble and the grey couch, there was none.