─ ¹¹. A WASTE OF PURE BLOOD

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏 *•. ┄┄

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐬𝐭 𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐜𝐫𝐮𝐱

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"Madam Lestrange!" said a goblin, evidently startled. "Dear me! How—how may I help you today?"

Sirius—or Bellatrix—sneered at the goblin arrogantly. "I wish to enter my vault."

The old goblin seemed to recoil a little. Hermione glanced around from her place near her father where she stood, dressed in black and her makeup dark and her hair blonde—they had thought about several ways of adding an extra person to their plan and having Hermione being a pseudo Death Eater under the wing of the deranged Lestrange was good enough (the Goblins wouldn't care); Ron though had changed parts and had slipt under the cloak with Harry. Several other goblins had looked up from their work to stare at Sirius.

"You have... identification?" asked the goblin.

"Do you have any idea who you're speaking to?!" Sirius shrieked.

The goblin winced, "Your wand will do, madam." He held out a slightly trembling hand.

"My wand has been stolen, you insolent!" Sirius barked at the goblin who recoiled. "But if you're so inclined on identification shall a drop of my blood do?"

The goblin's eyes widened and he nodded, snapping his fingers to another one that sped off to get something. Sirius looked at Hermione and flashbacks from the manor started to grow in her mind only to then remember that it was her dad doing a very impressive impression of his deranged cousin.

"A waste of pure blood, if you ask me," he said with a snide glance at the goblin. "The nerve!"

Hermione dipped her head in agreement. 

Soon the other goblin arrived once more and held out a gold plate. The goblin tending to them put the plate on the counter and gestured for Sirius to drop 'his' blood on it. Without any hesitation, Sirius held his hand over it and roughly taking Hermione's wand nicked himself in the palm of his hand—only he had nicked the well-placed and designed blood pouch that blended on his skin; it was filled with Bellatrix's blood that Hermione had found in a vial in Grimmauld place along with everyone else's in the family.

The drop seemed to fall in slow motion and when it hit the plate Sirius said, "I'm Bellatrix Black Lestrange."

The golden plate started to glow red and the old goblin seemed to recoil further in his seat. The old goblin behind the counter clapped his hands again at the younger goblin who still hadn't left.

"I shall need the Clankers," he told the goblin, who dashed away and returned a moment later with a leather bag that seemed to be full of jangling metal, which he handed to his senior. "Good, good! If you will follow me, Madam Lestrange," said the old goblin, hopping down off his stool and vanishing from sight. "I shall take you to your vault."

He appeared around the end of the counter, jogging happily toward them, the contents of the leather bag still jingling.