─ ¹⁷. AREN'T I IN YOUR HEAD ALREADY?

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟕 *•. ┄┄

𝒚𝒖𝒍𝒆

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

"MIA! WE'RE READY!" 

This was what woke Hermione up on Christmas morning. She groaned and looked up to find James, Lily, and Regulus smiling at her. Scratch that. James was grinning and shouting, Lily was looking at her sympathetically and Regulus looked so annoyed he could probably nail James Potter to the roof of the Astronomy tower. The dormitory was empty and one look at the clock made Hermione realize why, it was already nine in the morning and everyone was probably down for breakfast.

"WHAT?!" she barked out.

"We thought you wanted to know a percentage of the multiple secrets that are dumbly being kept from you," Regulus deadpanned, and that was apparently the way to get Hermione perked up and sit right on her bed.

"Right!" she said clapping her hands, "Spill."

"Well," started Lily awkwardly, "We want you to meet someone first." 

And suddenly, out of nowhere, a face Hermione hadn't seen in almost two years appeared, making Hermione leap out of bed, startled, and go face to the ground.

"That's all Nora," Lily muttered with a grin and Hermione frowned.

"What in the bloody fuck is actually happening?" she asked, gaping at the girl in front of her.

"That's all him," James said with another grin.

"Hello," the unnamed girl waved awkwardly at Hermione.

"But—You're me!" Hermione shrieked.

"Technically, I'm Julie," the girl said, "You just lived inside me your whole life."

"That did not sound good," said Hermione scrunching up her nose, "What do you mean you're Julie. I'm Julie!"

"No. You're Hermione," Julie (?) said with a slight smile.

"What the bloody fuck is happening?" she asked the three others. "Am I going mental? Is this all just part of my mucked-up brain?"

"We should probably explain first," James said, grimacing.

"Don't say, Potter," Regulus drawled sarcastically, then turning to Hermione."When you were a baby—"

"I was left on a church. That's it. There's no more to it," Hermione said.

"But there is. Because you weren't, honey," Lily said softly, and Hermione frowned in confusion, sitting on her bed, rubbing her temples.

"You were born on the 19th of September 1979," Regulus started the story, only to be interrupted again.