─ ¹¹. FYI, MOONY IS A BLOODY ARSEHOLE

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏𝟏 *•. ┄┄

𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒂 𝒄𝒐𝒑𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒎𝒆𝒄𝒉𝒂𝒏𝒊𝒔𝒎?

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

The rest of the holidays were mainly spent on the Quidditch pitch. The trio would take turns in riding the brooms and playing Quidditch—this way Hermione could practice for the chaser position and Ron the keeper (Harry insisted).

By then, Ron and Hermione had gotten over their rift and were again on good terms.

The rest of the school returned shortly after New Year, and Gryffindor Tower became crowded and noisy again. Wood sought Harry out on the night before term started. The trio was sat on the couches of the common room talking excitedly about one of Ron's saves and Harry's horrible performance as a chaser.

"Had a good Christmas?" Oliver said, and then, without waiting for an answer, he sat down, lowered his voice, and said, "I've been, doing some thinking over Christmas, Harry. After the last match, you know. If the Dementors come to the next one. . . . I mean. . . . we can't afford you to—well—" Wood broke off, looking awkward.

"I'm working on it," said Harry quickly.

"Professor Lupin said he'd train me to ward off the Dementors. We should be starting this week. He said he'd have time after Christmas," Harry informed him. "Me and Hermione are both going to prevent fainting episodes."

"Ah," said Wood, his expression clearing. "Well, in that case—I really didn't want to lose you as Seeker, Harry. And have you ordered a new broom yet?"

"No," said Harry, suppressing a grin.

"What! You'd better get a move on, you know—you can't ride that Shooting Star against Ravenclaw!"

"He got a Firebolt for Christmas," Ron couldn't help but burst out.

"A Firebolt? No! Seriously? A—a real Firebolt?"

"No. A chopstick." Said Hermione sarcastically. Oliver did not find this funny, "I'm kidding. Yes. A real Firebolt," she told them and they all stood in shock as Oliver Wood squealed with happiness and burst into hysterics. The common room followed swift.

Classes started again the next day and Hermione couldn't wish more for her holidays to come back. Flying outside on a cold day was one thing. Spending two hours standing on the grounds on a raw January morning was another, but Hagrid had provided a bonfire full of salamanders for their enjoyment, and they spent an unusually good lesson collecting dry wood and leaves to keep the fire blazing while the flame-loving lizards scampered up and down the crumbling, white-hot logs.