─ ⁰⁶. MY BIRTHDAY PRESENT FOR YOU

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟔 *•. ┄┄

𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐨𝐫𝐤𝐬

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

As soon as her feet slammed against the hardwood floors of the drawing room of Grimmauld Place she was grabbed by her shoulders and pulled into a very strong hug, she didn't even have time to think how sick she was from apparating with Harry and Ron.

"Merry Christmas, dad," Hermione said with a gasp as she hugged the man back.

"Merry Christmas, Mia," her dad said with a big grin as he let her go and turned to hug Harry the same way. 

Hermione turned to look at Ron who was already walking towards the kitchen with a big smile as he hear his mother scream something at the twins. 

The three of them had decided to come home for Christmas. They were hoping to spend one day without thinking of the war and most of the Order (except those on service) reunited in Grimmauld Place to celebrate the holiday and take their minds off the real world—though that was easier said than done.

Hermione had spent the last month and a half hearing Potterwatch along with Harry and Ron. Hearing Lee Jordan's voice trying to encourage them to go on and save the bloody world sure helped and Hermione's heart fluttered every time she heard Fred's voice on the radio. 

That month and a half hadn't been much different from the other ones; they went from house to house from Muggleborns pulling upwards, they fought any Death Eater they saw attacking someone but were conscious enough not to go against more than they could take. Hermione had tried to convince the boys to sneak into Hogwarts but that's where they drew the line. As much as they wanted to make sure their friends were alright they wouldn't want to go right into a serpent's pit. Hermione knew they were right, after all, she had been the one adamant not to put anyone at risk, but the adrenaline of fighting Death Eaters made her slightly reckless. She wanted to see just how good she could be sneaking into places. After a good lecture from Regulus though she refrained from mentioning it further—though she did sneak out a couple of times to see Teddy and BZ (they had been going on minor missions for the Order but couldn't risk much more for if they found them then they'd be forced to take the mark), she also went to check if the flat she had given Draco had been occupied (it remained empty).

Hermione thanked God, though, that Harry had not mentioned a visit to Godric's Hollow—as much as she wanted the adrenaline of fighting off Death Eaters she did not wish to make an acquaintance with Voldemort's pet just yet. She figured that as James and Lily were spending time with Harry from beyond the grave he just didn't need to go to their actual graves yet.