─ ⁰⁹. TO CORRUPT LUPIN'S KID

⚡︎
┄┄ .•* 𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟗 *•. ┄┄

𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬, 𝐟𝐮𝐥𝐥 𝐡𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐬

────── *•. ⚡︎ .•*──────

As soon as they got to Shell Cottage, Ron hurried towards it, a bloodied, bruised, and limp Hermione in his arms. And as her left arm fell limp and blood beads slowly fell through it until the tip of her fingers the word Filthy was clearly carved on her skin. Filthy Blood traitor. Filth on the Black family.

Harry wasn't too far away from them, having made sure Dobby was alright first. Ron and Harry burst into the cottage, Bill and Fleur already awaiting their arrival since Luna, Olivander and Dean had to come to their shelter. Sirius and Remus were just coming out of the floo—much to everyone's surprise—and as soon as Sirius saw the state of his daughter, his jaw clenched and his fist balled up. Without a thought, he reached for Hermione and Ron passed her into her father's arms.

Fleur gasped at the sight of Hermione and Bill looked horrified, immediately leading them up the stairs onto a spare room she could take.

Sirius set Hermione down softly. Ron and Harry were quickly ushered out of the room by Fleur—Sirius refused to go, thus he sat on the chair, intent on staying there until his daughter was not on the verge of dying. Fleur immediately began healing Hermione's cuts, taking the pieces of crystal out of her body and using Dittany in any would she could so they wouldn't scar; after she was done Fleur used a cleaning charm on Hermione and magically switched her clothes.

After she had been healed to the extent of Fleur's capacity, Hermione was left to sleep in bed. Sirius turned into Padfoot and laid on the feet of her bed, glancing up at Annora, who—as there was no one else in the room—was running her hands through their daughter's hair muttering softly to her.

After Sirius made sure Hermione wasn't shaking so much in her sleep, he went downstairs, hate in his eyes. He had been warned by Annora of what happened to Hermione, that was the reason he and Remus had been there so quickly, but now that he knew she was breathing and mildly healed, Sirius was set on revenge.

It took Remus to charm his friend to fall asleep to prevent him from getting himself killed. Sirius was placed on the couch.

Hermione woke up a few hours later, sobbing violently, tears streaming down her face. The sobbing stopped soon though, as her voice gave out and her head went numb. They found her in her room hugging a pillow for her life and clutching her stomach. She was just looking blankly at the white wall in front of her, tears silently running down her cheeks and soaking the pillow under her head.

"Mione?" Harry called out softly.

He and Ron kneeled next to the bed. Remus stood just behind them, as Bill and Fleur stayed on the threshold, the other temporary residents of Shell cottage behind them.