Chapter 2

She diverts her eyes from the mansion, and then finally looked at the people who are standing at its porch, not noticing her all this time.

There were two people on the porch, one of them wearing a yellow hoodie and a mask with a red frown stitched on it. The other was a little girl with brown hair and green eyes, she was bleeding from her head and her pink dress was tattered. Kira didn't find them odd, she was somewhat calm about seeing people that didn't look normal.

The one in the yellow hoodie looked up from the little girl and saw her, that is what Kira thinks. The person's head tilted to the side, now looking over her shoulder. Kira's breathing halted when she realized that someone was behind her.

When she felt that there was someone behind her, she was tackled. Her face was now pressed against the ground and she felt someone lying on top of her. She struggled to get the person off, but it seemed like she didn't possess her gift.

She felt something hit the back of her head and she knew that she was bleeding. Slowly, her eyes closed.

And soon, she was asleep.

* * *

Kira woke up in a dark room, her hands tied behind her and she was sitting on a chair. She realized that there was a strip of duct tape covering her lips. She tried using her telekinesis, but to no avail, she slumped back on the wooden chair.

The lights went on and then she saw a tall man. The tall man was faceless, his head looked like porcelain. He wore a suit and a red tie, tendrils sprawling behind him. Static bounced on the walls and rang through Kira's ears. Kira winced and screamed, but her scream was muffled.

She looked up at the tall man, her right eye twitching uncontrollably from trying so hard to use her powers. Just like before, nothing happened.

The creature reached to her face, his big, pale hand resting on the tape. He pulled it off and he seemed like he was staring at her.

"Let me go!" Her voice came out raspy.

"What is your name, child?" Kira stopped struggling when she heard the voice. It was smooth and deep, but it had a hint of static sound.

"Kira."

"Tell me," The creature started. "Why are you here?"

Kira shook her head. "No. I just passed by the mansion." She looked up at the faceless creature again.

"You're different; you are a telepath."

"Yes." Kira sighed.

And then followed silence. For Kira, it was some kind of silence that purposely deafened you, the thick, soundless atmosphere that gave imaginative sounds that scream into your ears. It was the worst kind, and Kira disliked it very much.

Suddenly, a low rumble of static echoed in the room. She looked up again at the tall creature and she assumed that he was staring back at her with his nonexisting eyes.

"I'm letting you go." He said, his black tendrils reaching behind her and untied the knots to her ropes.

"But, I don't have shelter," Kira muttered.

"Why?"

"I've escaped a facility, and I couldn't go back to my old home. My parents might be in a panic if they heard me getting out of the facility; they didn't want me anywhere near them."

"You have nowhere else to go to?" The tall creature queried.

Kira could only nod.

And then there was that silence. That long period of silence could have reached an hour. Kira knew that he was debating on something. She was curious, but she stayed out of his mind. She knew what would happen when she will read his mind.

"I'll let you stay."

The words he gave surprised her. It was unexpected. And she asked in her mind, how could someone give that offer, if you will put it that way, to a person who was thought to break in your private lot?

But, Kira had no choice but to accept his offer.

I am sorry for the short chapter. Lately I've found myself getting busier and busier even though it's summer her in the Philippines. One reason why I am busy because in May 1, I'll have to go to the US. And then the other, well, if you've seen the comment section from the last chapter, you already know. Also, tomorrow's my birthday, so I won't be doing anything with wattpad tomorrow.

I hope you enjoyed the short chapter -because I sure as hell did not. I'm quite disappointed in myself for not adding more words. Anyway, until next time.